Brand new PC getting constant IE error message w/one certain site

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a new PC days ago. I work from home currently and this PC will be used primarily for work. Whenever I connect to Internet since I got this PC (and it has not been very many times because I just got it hooked up a day ago) and try to access my company's network to log into their site, I always get the following error message:

iexplore.exe-Application Error
The instruction at "0x6x725064" referenced memory at "0xcb197f68". The memory could not be "written."

Click OK to terminate the program
Click CANCEL to debug the program

Clicking neither OK nor Cancel does anything to solve this problem and make me able to log into the site I need to. Other sites on the new PC appear to load with no problem, so far at least. It must be something with this new PC because my much older PC which I used to use for work can access this site with no problem. I have both Spy Sweeper and PC-Cillin installed on the new PC too. I am using Windows XP Media Center.

I would appreciate any input anyone would have as I am fairly green when it comes to this sort of thing. It is so frustrating to not be able to get into this site which is essential to me being able to work from home. Thanks in advance!

Ensure cookies are enabled. Some comanies and educational institutions also require JAVA installed as well. Disable pop-up blocking for your work website as well. See if that helps.

If you're getting BSODs - this is a local issue. Ensure everything on your computer is up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back