Brand new PC, is way too slow, and cant play anything

Hello!
I bought a new PC. I assembled it, I installed drivers and stuff, but it is just unbearably slow.

So... this is my PC. Specs are on the pics (also some random info I screenshot'ed)

The motherboard is an msi H170 gaming M3.
There's just one ssd, a WD velociraptor if I'm not mistaken.

Mobo needed very special treatment to allow for windows 7 to be installed.
It took some time but I managed.

Then I was having problems installing all the different tools/drivers/chipsets/etc.
Mainly cause I cannot get Net Frameworks to install (hangs indefinitely), and some other things like Intel ME and related tools.
I know v1 is not for win7, the other drivers/apps/tools tried to force-install Net4 and 4.5 on the side, but it was no use.
I now installed 4.6.2 and it installed just fine.

At some point I installed the AMD gpu drivers suggested by the AMD autodetect utility.
Turned out it did not suggest the correct ones, I had to abort and find them myself.
All good, until I got a message for an updated version (16.3.2) I installed that and after many freezes, bluescreens, and fan noise, it got installed. Noise is gone too.

But the pc is laggy and slow and annoying.

It is "sticky" when I scroll down facebook or any other page.
Browsers are very slow to open new tabs, or show the page when I switch tabs.
It is slow to react when I press stop/play on a video, or when I resize a page, or when I close apps.

I even tried to play a very-moderately-demanding game (Heroes of the Storm, think League of Legends)
And it all seemed fine until there were lots of characters and movement on screen, at which point the game became literally unplayable, with single-digit FPS.
Even simple 2D games, made for cellphones lag a tiny bit (Hearthstone).

Is there something I need to Install? Un-install? Re-install?

What is the problem? I am not a tech guru like many of you guys here, so that's why I'm asking for help.

I bought a 1k euro worth PC for gaming, and so far it is worse than my old one.

Please, ask me anything. Tell me to do anything. Just help me fix this.

Just be aware that whatever you ask me to do there's a big chance for a blue-screen.
Especially when it has to do with mobo/gpu drivers n'stuff.

Thank you for your time, and sorry for any bad english.

I'm going to bed. Hope I have some replies here when I wake up.

Looks like a terrific system. It should fly.

This is really just a semi-educated guess, but I think Windows 7 is still installing. When you do an install or a re-install, Win7 does not install all the necessary patches - and either you wait a week for it to sort through all the patches needed by doing its daily automatic update check or you have to force it to make the updates by checking for updates and manually requesting an update check and then directing the update install. For the latter, you have to restart each time to make sure it fully installs (otherwise, it can put updates into limbo for awhile). It usually takes 2/3rds of a day (25mbps) and 4 restarts. Do not think you are done until you have pushed for updates and been told by the update system that there are no more.

Until you get all the updates, Windows 7 may not be ready to properly install drivers for various components.

I think you may continue to have troubles until you fully re-install Win7 and/or install Win10.

Once you have Win7 installed, you may want to get Win10 installed, just to get it done.

Looks like a terrific system. It should fly.

This is really just a semi-educated guess, but I think Windows 7 is still installing. When you do an install or a re-install, Win7 does not install all the necessary patches - and either you wait a week for it to sort through all the patches needed by doing its daily automatic update check or you have to force it to make the updates by checking for updates and manually requesting an update check and then directing the update install. For the latter, you have to restart each time to make sure it fully installs (otherwise, it can put updates into limbo for awhile). It usually takes 2/3rds of a day (25mbps) and 4 restarts. Do not think you are done until you have pushed for updates and been told by the update system that there are no more.

Until you get all the updates, Windows 7 may not be ready to properly install drivers for various components.

I think you may continue to have troubles until you fully re-install Win7 and/or install Win10.

Once you have Win7 installed, you may want to get Win10 installed, just to get it done.

I did force it to find all updates until there where no more. And I did restart it every time.

Altho I started updating after I installed a couple drivers and had some problems.

I read somewhere that my mobo has problems with certain ssd's. I will try on another ssd then.

Or maybe I should just upgrade to win 10?

"I read somewhere that my mobo has problems with certain ssd's. I will try on another ssd then."

Try google instead - search on your motherboard and SSD combo.

Back