Brand New

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okay, I recently had a bad motherboard supposedly. I took it to bestbuy and they said it was a bad mobo, but the funny thing is that my usb drives were showing up as not recognized right before my computer would start to freeze and restart auto. the monitor would go into hibernate than turn on again. the keyboard/mouse would freeze and stop working.

I did a RMA on newegg and am hopefully going to recieve my new mobo/ same brand next week. These are my specs.

AMD ATHLONXP 3200+
WD 80 gb HD
Maxtor 20gb HD
Corsair 2x512 mb Dual Chan
Gigabyte Socket 939 MOBO nforce3
Nvidia FX5500

I was wondering what if the usb showing up not recognized could crash a computer.

oh and also when i have a usb device connected to my computer it wont go to the windows xp screen..

check to make sure that none of the usb wires are frayed, or damaged in any way...also make sure the pins are in good condition as well as the plug-ins

well, i use the front panel usb port and it is damaged...so what does this mean? is this why my computer kept freezing up? and how do i fix a damaged usb port?

It won't boot into Windows if the BIOS is set to boot from USB or "Other Devices", change the BIOS setting, or unplug your thumbdrive B4 booting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back