BRDR mess cleaned!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klopper55

I bought and ran PREVX 2.0 tonight (just noticed PC running aweful today...BRDR closing message on shutdown, no icons on desktop, no taskbar). I love everything about PREVX - easy interface, runs smoothly and seems to be as 'concerned' with having my PC running as smoothly as I do - a couple of make sure scans suggested by the program. IT EVEN PUTS THE BAD OBJECTS IN JAIL AND THEN CARRIES OUT THE DEATH PENALTY!!! I highly recommend it to get things going good again.

Questions:

Am I wrong to assume all is just fine now that my PC runs fine?

Are there any follow up procedures I need to do to dot the i's and cross the t's?

THANKS!

Yes, you may well be wrong in thinking, just because your computer is running fine, it`s clean. The lack of symptoms is not an indication of a clean system.

I suggest at the very least, you post a HJT log as per these instructions.

Regards Howard :)

Yes, your system is still infected with malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as Attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

This thread is for the use of klopper55 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

OK here are the logs from hijackthis and combofix. The SAVE LOG button on AVG was grayed out but here is what was found and quarantined or deleted plus the risk level. Oh yeah, i almost forgot, no rootkits found.

low
not-a-virus.downloader.win32.popcab.b

medium
tribalfusion
tracking101
liveperson
hypertracker
gamershell
doubleclick
cpvfeed
burstbeacon
atdmt
webrebates
errorsafe

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

viewpoint
viewpoint manager
viewpoint toolbar
wildtangent.

Close control panel.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Viewpoint Manager Service

Close the services window.

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the code box below into it:
NOTE* make sure to only highlight and copy what is inside the quote box nothing out side of it.
Also ..

Pay particular attention to this :-

Make sure the word File:: is on the first line of the text file you save (no blank line above it, & no space in front of it)
Code:

File::
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nnnmmmn.dll
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sttss.ini2
C:\Program Files\carth.aup
C:\Documents and Settings\dad\SI.bin
C:\Documents and Settings\jason\ub.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\jason\ad.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\Mitch\ub.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\Mitch\ad.dat
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\klnmp.bak1
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\klnmp.bak2
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\klnmp.ini2
C:\Documents and Settings\mom\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
PowerReg Scheduler.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\dad\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
PowerReg Scheduler.exe

Folder::
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint
C:\Program Files\WildTangent
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\rMa02yy
C:\temp\abW9

Save this as CFScript.txt

Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below.

CFScript.gif

This will start ComboFix again. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply together with a fresh HJT log.

This thread is for the use of klopper55 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I cant find the ComboFix.exe shortcut (red circle with X) to drag the txt file into. I did a search in my computer and no dice. Where is it at?

Well, you must have it as you posted a Combofix log earlier.

Where did you download Combofix to?

It`s the actual programme icon you need to use.

I didnt have it since I didnt save combofix last night...I just run it. Anyway, I got it done tonight. Here are the logs and thanks.

I try to attach the conbofix log, but it keeps saying i already did it. Sorry, but GOD DAMN!!!!!! I feel better now. I will try attaching it again later.

Only attach a fresh Combofix log after following the instructions in my post#6.

I have just removed all your previous log files.

You shouldn`t have any problem in posting a fresh HJT log as well as the Combofix log now.

OK, thanks for doing that. Here are the logs. In all the "excitement"...getting this work done...getting some beer...due to the fact I couldnt "repost" the logs I deleted the ones ran in the process so I could post fresh ones. The first combo log I ran tonight deleted all that Viewmanager stuff. Now, it looks quite empty; hopepully a good thing. I appreciate you helping me on this.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4CB8F4B4-5F66-4D9E-BC3B-184596A58824} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5387328C-7BB3-45FF-95F2-D6800193D6FA} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {2CDE1A7D-A478-4291-BF31-E1B4C16F92EB} - (no file)

O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler.exe

O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} -

O16 - DPF: {639658F3-B141-4D6B-B936-226F75A5EAC3} (CPlayFirstDinerDash2Control Object) - http://www.shockwave.com/content/dinerdash2/sis/DinerDash2.1.0.0.67.cab

O16 - DPF: {77E32299-629F-43C6-AB77-6A1E6D7663F6} (Groove Control) - http://download.shockwave.com/pub/otoy/OTOYAX.cab

O16 - DPF: {BAE1D8DF-0B35-47E3-A1E7-EEB3FF2ECD19} (CPlayFirstddfotgControl Object) - http://www.shockwave.com/content/dinerdashfloonthego/sis/ddfotg.1.0.0.33.cab

O16 - DPF: {C52439A0-2693-4E40-B141-9F9AD5257241} (Lexmark eDiagnostics Class) - https://ediagnostics.lexmark.com/serval.cab

O16 - DPF: {DA80E089-4648-43D5-93B4-7F37917084E6} (CacheManager.CacheManagerCtrl) - http://www.candystand.com/assets/activex/virtools/CacheManager.CAB

O20 - Winlogon Notify: nnnmmmn - C:\WINDOWS\

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or folders(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\nnnmmmn.dll
C:\qoobox

Click start/run and type regedit into the run box and hit the enter key.

Navigate to the following regkey and delete the bold portion.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\nnnmmmn

Close regedit.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know if you`re having any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back