Brdr window appears on shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit scared to ask this having been told that my first attempt to reply to someone else having the same problem as me was not allowed.
Assuming that I am in the right place now and the previous poster sees this, here goes;
On shutting windows down, I have to ensure that something called Brdr goes away. The remedy on another thread somewhere said that it was really called ljdsrngj(or perhaps m).exe and that I should end the process, find it in system 32 then delete it. I couldn't find anything in system 32 with a .exe suffix. Can anyone tell me how to locate this annoying thing? Thanks.
(PS, where do I find out how to use this site and not step on any toes again. I'm not sure how it works when you can't reply to another poster)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Don`t be scared to ask anything, we`re only too pleased to help in any way we can.

Theres no problem with you replying to another poster. But threads in this forum are only for the use of the original thread starter. This is to try and stop threads from becoming confusing.

You could have just sent a pm(private message) to Monsignor.

Anyway, to your problem.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Rastus only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back