bright blue error screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

New here and hope to get some help. I have a Compaq laptop that is about 2 years old. My problem is that when i turn on the computer i get the screen that ask which mode i want to start it in. If I select "normal" I get this blue screen that comes up real quick then goes away before I can read it..then it shuts down the computer and restarts it.

The error is: "Unmountable_Boot_volume". I can't run safemode either. I have tried hitting f8 and nothing works there either. HELP!!!! I thought I was pretty good with computers,but after reading some of you all in here...my knowledge seems to be very basic....Thanks so much.

I have Windows XP

your hard drive is either unseated, gone bad, or a connection is bad. Reseat the HD and ensure it has a good connection.

If the HD has failed, you will need to replace it, reformat, and load your software back on it.

Thank you Tedster for your reply!!! I did the reseat to the hard drive and I am still getting the Blue screen. Do you think if I replaced the hard drive that would work? I hate to spend alot of money to have someone diagnose the problem since I have already spent tons of money getting it fixed for battery connection problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back