Broadband not getting to my router??? Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

iredge

Hi,

I just acquiered a 1Gb wireless router, and thought I set the filters correctly all around the house, and trible checked that, my modem's light on dsl is still flashing and never gets steady green.
We checked the broadband connectivity in my area and it is defenetely available, right down to the phone number.
What could possibly go wrong?????
A friend told me that it could be down to the fact that they are capacitors already set in the phone plugs and, capacitors again fited in the filters, which could divide the signal by 4 instead of 2.
Could that be the reason or could there be any other explanation?

Thanks to whoever will take time to read and reply to this,
Regis

Hum. Does your phone company know about this? To get DSL, your phone line has to be hooked up at the other end too. You can't just plug in a DSL modem like you do with dialup.

The people selling you the DSL service should check the quality of the DSL signal in your house for free.

ERRRRRR...Thanks but I am not stupid. I told you that we are supposed to get
the broadband from my home.
I will check with the supplier thought

Have a nice day..
Regis

The fact that DSL is "available" in your region/street/house does not mean that every phone line is conncted to a DSLAM. All the phone lines are connected to the plain telephone network by default.

Once you have signed up to DSL, then your phone line is connected to the DSL network.

iredge said:
they are capacitors already set in the phone plugs and, capacitors again fited in the filters, which could divide the signal by 4 instead of 2. Could that be the reason or could there be any other explanation?
just to clarify; capacitors do not divide the signal (strength); they form an r-c
filter to segregate noise from the data; ie a bypass filter.
you can place hundreds of them on the same line without significant loss of signal strength.

Locally, we have no such capacitors in our home wiring and frankly, I've never
seen them installed in homes OR in commercial buildings either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back