broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffers

hi again about earlier got my friends pc sorted was a dead board
now i am at home and have just set up my own broadband its operational and is et up correctly but for some reason when i download through bitcomet i cant get speeds more than 18 k.bs any ideas

i have a 2mbps line with no download restrictions ?????????

sorry posted in the wrong place again

Torrents are legal downloads. Its only if the content in it is illegal, that makes it illegal.

The way I see it, torrents are the postal service of the internet. Like the post, its legal, but if you post contraband....

Anyway, back to the topic: torrent downloads are tricky. download speeds are dependent on who you're downloading from, and how many people you are downloading from. Have you ever reached these download speeds on the same file on your last connection?

Also, your router may not be able to handle so many requests at one go.

Probably not this problem anyway, but I think its worth mentioning.

there are quite a few settings that help torrent dwnlds go faster
increase amount of connections in tcpip registery
if firewalled enable tcp and udp use a higher port number along with the standard one I use 30000 to 39999 when testing
the type of file you are getting depends on others as to speed more people dwnld the faster you dwnld
don't get greedy and let your upload flow slowly bring the speed dwn to where it gives you fastest dwnld
ther are 2 types of connection setting connection itself and asking for a connection the first I said was reg setting 2nd is harder it is a sys setting that it tuff to edit need hex editer to set this
disable QOS or set to 5
last just wait it will increase as file pieces grow
slowest here is 15kb/s fastest is 200kb/s first had 2 peers 2nd had 60 peers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back