Broadcom 54g Maxperformance 802.119 driver installation problem

By rajaramu
Jul 4, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a gateway laptop which came with XP home...i formatted it to XP professional. Then i did not find the wireless inbuilt adapter on the device manager...i downloaded the driver from the gateway website and installed it...but the devive manager shows that it is not installed properly. I have tried multiple installs, uninstalls and restarts on the same.

Can somebody advise?

Thanks!
  2. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,483

i've seen quite a few physical switches on laptops that enable or disable the integrated wireless adapters. check yours thoroughly.
  3. rajaramu

rajaramu Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Switched on

I have switched on the wireless mode (the manual shows the places i need to switch the wireless on)...previously the wireless adapter was not visible in the device manager...but then i downloaded the driver from Gateway website. Now it appears on the device manager but it is not installed properly.

Is there anyother thing i need to install before the wireless adapter???
  4. zachatfield

zachatfield Newcomer, in training

54g Max performance

Disable the device in device manager and then enable, worked for me
  5. misterbossplaya

misterbossplaya Newcomer, in training

I had this exact same problem with the Gateway that I just bought. What I did was a search on that wireless card but for another computer. I found an HP driver for that same card and it ended up working. I lost the link, but i still have the file. let me know if you need it.

misterbossplaya@gmail.com
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.