Broken PSP :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a broken psp,which i have no idea whats wrong with it. When i turn the PSP on the Green LED turns on but no video output no sound no nothing. The LED turns on for a while and then it turns off by itself. ONe day I was playing MidnightClub It was loading and then it just stopped. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THX. I've already tried another battery. And I doubt its the LCD since i would at least hear sound if it was.

Well it sounds like it will most likely need to be sent in for repair. But before you do try everything!! You have tried another battery so have you tried it plugged into the charger? With and without a battery? Without the memory stick? Without any disk media? Try connecting it to the USB and see if you can explore the folders (requires memory stick)? Then try it again?

I could easily be wrong (and hopefully I am) but it sounds like your psp is bricked based on the symptoms but what confuses is me is that there seems to be no reason for it to be bricked. If it's bricked I'm pretty sure its unfixable. The only exception I can think of is if you are using custom firmware and you make a mistake and mess something up sometimes you can use recovery mode to fix it sometimes but if its bricked under normal circumstances I don't think that would work.

Bricked just means when hardware can't start up because of bad software. In the psp's case its usually a bad flash. Basically necessary files get screwed up and there is (usually, if not always) no way to fix it. It kind of a common problem with psps but it usually only happens if people play with the firmware without knowing what they are doing. Its not like it just happens when your using the psp, there has to be a reason which is why I should think its weird that your psp is acting like that.

I didnt play with it or nothing like that. Im thinking on probabbly repairing it. But the only people that repair it are in canada its Old School Gamer. But what iI dont understand is why it just died.

Yeah I know, it seems strange to me too... If I were you I would try to find some people who know a little more about it and see if you can't find a reason first.

if you feel like paying for shipping i can repair it. it sounds like something either came undone or something popped like a capacitor or something. also if you have the box and warranty then you can send it in to get repaired/replaced

Umm... suspicious much? I'd say bring it in to the shop and see what they can do. No I don't know what I'm talking about by "the shop," nor can I give any examples of PSP repair shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back