Browsella

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyfxx43

I have a computer that has the browsella trojan and I can not get rid of it. When I take it out of teh registry, it returns on the reboot. I have the hijackthis log. I hope this is the right place for this question. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your system is absolutely riddled with nasties.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of slyfxx43 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE. Extract it but don`t run it yet.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

ntch.exe
52.tmp.exe
msci.exe

mfcdw.exe
sdkcj.exe
sdkhw32.exe

javawp.exe
atlue32.exe
apptc.exe

netfu32.exe
mfcwf32.exe
ntxw.exe

ieuu.exe
Warn User.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

Fix all R1/R0/R3 entries no matter what they are.

Fix all 02-BHO: (No name) entries.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [52.tmp] C:\DOCUME~1\Lange\LOCALS~1\Temp\52.tmp.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [52.tmp] C:\DOCUME~1\Lange\LOCALS~1\Temp\52.tmp.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ntch.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntch.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [52.tmp.exe] C:\DOCUME~1\Lange\LOCALS~1\Temp\52.tmp.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msci.exe] C:\WINDOWS\msci.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mfcdw.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\mfcdw.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sdkcj.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\sdkcj.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sdkhw32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\sdkhw32.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [javawp.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\javawp.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [atlue32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\atlue32.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [apptc.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\apptc.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [netfu32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\netfu32.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mfcwf32.exe] C:\WINDOWS\mfcwf32.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ntxw.exe] C:\WINDOWS\ntxw.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ieuu.exe] C:\WINDOWS\ieuu.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [vernn16.dll] C:\WINDOWS\System32\regsvr32.exe /s C:\WINDOWS\System32\vernn16.dll

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [kvern16.dll] C:\WINDOWS\System32\regsvr32.exe /s C:\WINDOWS\System32\kvern16.dll

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [title dupe] C:\DOCUME~1\Lange\APPLIC~1\DASHMP~1\Warn User.exe

O9 - Extra button: Ebates - {6685509E-B47B-4f47-8E16-9A5F3A62F683} - file://C:\Program Files\Ebates_MoeMoneyMaker\Sy350\Tp350\scri350a.htm (file missing) (HKCU)

O20 - Winlogon Notify: browsela - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browsela.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\DOCUME~1\Lange\LOCALS~1\Temp\52.tmp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntch.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Lange\APPLIC~1\DASHMP~1\Warn User.exe

C:\WINDOWS\msci.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mfcdw.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sdkcj.exe

C:\WINDOWS\sdkhw32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\javawp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\atlue32.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\apptc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\netfu32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\mfcwf32.exe

C:\WINDOWS\ntxw.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ieuu.exe

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted. If your computer doesn`t automatically restart, restart it manually.

These are the filepaths you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\System32\vernn16.dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\kvern16.dll

Once your system has rebooted, rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log.

This thread is for the use of slyfxx43 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

New hjt log

I have deleted everything, but there is one thing that keeps coming up wint my Nortons: Trojan Alemond. The location is C:\ Windows\system32\wininet.dll. I really appreciatiate everything that you have done for me. It is greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Have HJT fix all the O2 - BHO: (no name) entries.

Also, fix this. O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll (file missing)

Reboot your system, then go and follow these instructions for removing the Trojan Alemond.

Post a fresh HJT log after doing the above.

I think it is fixed.

I think that we have done it with your expert help. I am posting a new hjt log. M virus protection doesn't tell me taht I have a trojan anymore. I hope that it is gone. I really appreciate your help and support. I hope to learn to examine one of these logs and can be able to help someone else in the future. Again thank you so much for your help.

Temporarily uninstall the Microsoft AntiSpyware programme. This is because I think it`s interfering with the fix of the O2 - BHO: (no name) entries.

Download and run the following. Let them fix whatever they find.

CWshredder from http://www.intermute.com/products/cwshredder.html.
CoolWWWSearch.SmartKiller from http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4113.html.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

Fix all the O2 - BHO: (no name) entries.

Reboot your computer and post a fresh HJT log.

new hjt log

Here is another hjt log. The computer is running better, but those 02 bho's will not go away. Thank you for being patient with me.

Run AVG Antispyware and click Resident shield, change it to inactive, close AVG Antispyware.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Norton AntiVirus If nothing is there or it won`t uninstall, follow the instructions in this thread HERE.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

SAVScan

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

SAVScan.exe

Close task manager.

Fix all O2 - BHO: (no name) entries.

O20 - Winlogon Notify: WRNotifier - WRLogonNTF.dll (file missing)

O23 - Service: SAVScan - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot your system and post a fresh HJT log.

Here is new HJT log

These pesky BHO's will not be deleted. but everything else is gone, I think. Thanks again.

Download and install Registrar Lite from one of these locations:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download469.html
http://www.myzips.com/software/Registrar-Lite.phtml
http://www.5starstools.com/configuration/registrar-lite.htm
http://www.answersthatwork.com/Downright_pages/downrights_registry.htm

1. Start Registrar Lite
2. Locate each of the 02 "(no file)" entries from the HijackThis log.
3 Copy and paste the CLSID [the long numbers in brackets] into the top address bar in Registrar Lite.
4. Click the "Go" button (upper right).
5. When located, right-click and select "Properties"
6. Click "Permissions"
7. Click the "Advanced" button and place a checkmark next to the following: "Inherit from parent the permission entries that apply to child objects..."
8. Click "OK", Delete the key.
9. Repeat for each of the returning entries

Post a fresh HJT log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back