Browser can not reach internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I got weird problem. One day both of my browser (IE7 and Firefox 2.011) can't reach internet. I am using winXP. Other computer connected to the same router works just fine.

I can't even go to my router login page with that computer (IE said address not valid while firefox displays some error that I don't understand). I can ping the router, I can ping other computer in network, I can share files to/from other computer, my network can see this computer and this computer can see other network just fine. I even can ping www[dot]yahoo[dot]com (sorry I am not allowed to post links yet, my first post) which proves nothing is really wrong and that it should see internet just fine. Try to change port in the router but same thing happen. Internet just crawl and sometime does not work at all.

I have run anti spyware and anti rootkit both say negative. I also run antivirus and it seems OK. Antivirus update seems run just fine. It just weird that it happen to both browser at the same time.

Any idea? Thanks in advance!

Solved, sorry all, I tried HideIP platinum and when I uninstalled, it leave proxy address on both firefox and IE.

yep, that will do it alright!

btw: thanks for following-up with your results -- it will help others :)

Hi! Glad that your problem got solved...It gives me hope since I happen to have the same problem. Could I get a bit more detailed instructions on how to solve the issue?

Go to your browsers setting and look for the proxy IP address. Clear all those proxies setting. Seems HideIP installer leave them behind when uninstalling.

For IE it is on Tools-Internet Options-Connection-LAN setting. For FireFox go to Tools-Options-Advance-Network-Connection Setting.

I guess (now looking at the title of the topic) that my problem isn't exactly the same...not only do my browsers not work, but no program that utilizes the internet will connect including instant messaging, download programs, browsers, and conference tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back