Browser choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

deseraligears

Have just downloaded Opera also have Firefox, and IE 6 I want to get rid of IE so what are steps? and as with all things new and little knowledge do you reccomend having this many browsers? Thanks

I would not advise running Opera and Firefox on the same machine, although I don't believe it will hurt any thing. u really need to keep IE to get windows updates with.

Browsers are independent userland programs. You can have as many as you like. Only things that can conflict are different versions of the same browser.

No, you cannot "get rid" of IE. It is integrated with Windows. At best, you can remove the shortcuts to it to make it less obvious.

many thnaks any preferance between the two??

Appreciate the reply if you were on an island and you had to chhose betweent Opera and Firefox what would it be??

Thanks again just read below threads, looks like the choice is in the hands of the beholder

I havent personally used opera, but I would use firefox over IE anyday. They came out with tabbed browsing before IE, and that was probably my main turning point. I only ever use IE for updates and also because MSN loads my mail in it by default.

I prefer Firefox with a few addons:

No script (very good for security)
Download Statusbar
Adblock plus

I now use Maxthon (formerly IE2) most of the time and it has become my browser of preference, but I do use FF, Operan and IE on occasion as well. I run these all on the same machine and have not had any problems with any of the browsers I have to say. Maxthon just seems to give me more of the features that I like and that while some of the others do offer some as well, Maxthon seems to work faster and with the best of all the others in this one browser so naturally I have tended to prefer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back