Inactive Browser connection briefly cut off, possible virus. +reformatting questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnytoast

Hello there,

I read through the guidelines, but I still hope I'm not breaking any rule to ask some questions. A few hours ago I was surfing the web and my browsers (Chrome and Firefox) would stop loading pages. It reminded me of the time I had the BSOD where there was a connection but pages would not show or would be slow to load.

I waited around 20 minutes and the problem seemed to resolve. I did a quick MBAM scan and it showed nothing infected. I am not sure what could have caused this strange occurrence, since it was only temporary.

Typically, I would leave it at that, but I am wondering if I should go through the preliminary instructions and make sure things are indeed clean.

If I do the scans and clean the computer, is it safe to say that my laptop is clean and free of malicious software? I am the only person who uses my laptop, but I have some personal information and wanted to know if that could still be compromised.

I have my .iso OS and a product key. I was wondering if I could or should reformat. It seems like a simple solution.

I am interested to hear your advice and opinions.
Thank you for the time. It is always appreciated.

It almost impossible to answer your question.
If it happened just once it could be anything, temporary computer hiccup, your modem, router or ISP hiccup.
Simply keep an eye on your computer and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back