browser keeps closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Why have you posted this in our Other hardware forum?

Try and give us some useful information so we might be able to help.

What browser are you using?
When did it start Closing?

Let`s have a quick check for malware.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Yes Howard frustrating isn't it... This is almost always caused by a malware or virus infection

Yes it can be very frustrating mate.

I understand that not every one is computer savvy, but it still helps a tremendous amount, if they make an effort to post in the correct forum and give as much info as they can about their problem.

End of rant lol.

I tend to agree, it probably is a malware problem.

Regards Howard :)

You're going to have to download/run HijackThis. Move the hijackthis.exe off of your desktop or out of a temporary folder and place it somewhere more permanent. I created a folder and named it HijackThis and placed it in my Program Files folder and moved the exe there. Run the program and and save the HJT log file. Attach the log to your post in this thread. A browser closing on its own is often a sign of active malware.

Well geez, I see an empty thread and by the time I get the links and type the vitals you guys get there first. I attached the log just as an example, but it should be clear.

Naughty Cinders, you didn`t rename the HijackThis.exe to Crusty.exe lol. :p

You also put HJT in the wrong location hehe. It`s supposed to be placed in C:\program files\HJT\Crusty.exe.

This is a good start Cinders. I wish I could read the Hijack logs as well as some of you. Don't you have to rename hijackthis.exe, to analyse this or something else?

You are both correct. I did forget to rename the exe. ;) I'll try to remember next time.

I work with a bunch of computers available to the public, so I do know a little about malware removal, but I'm no expert by any means. Our IT department can be slow to respond to requests for assistance, so I usually just break out Spybot Search & Destroy and KillBox and have a go at it. If that doesn't completely work, I'll then look for a tool that's been designed to specifically remove the malware which varies quite a bit but is most often Smitfraud.

My browser keeps closing on me every 10 sec. i use mozilla firefox and this problem started about 3 days ago...heres my HJT log can someone plz give it a quick check and tell me what the problem is.

thanks

Threads merged.

Your system is infected with malware, including a very dangerous backdoor trojan.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as Attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

This thread is for the use of Blue365 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

i can't seem to install any of the antivirus mentioned....same with the firewalls as well, it says somethin about missing .dll files or somethin like that....also, when i tried to reformat my computer with windows 2000...it says its an older version and i can't do that...im currently running windows xp....whats going on?!?!?!?!

You have to follow the instructions exactly, and you can't install Windows 2K over the top of XP. It really sounds like you should format the hard drive and install XP fresh. If you have been running without any functional antivirus or anti spyware programs, please run some after the new XP install

Either format using your Windows XP cd, or, follow the instructions as best you can.

A third option is to wipe your hard drive using your hard drive manufacturers utility, then reinstall Windows2000. If you can`t find your hard drive manufacturers utility, see this thread HERE.

This thread is for the use of Blue365 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Did you try and uninstall the browser (is it firefox? that you are using. I would recommend you install the latest Firefox browser) and the reinstalling it?

I had a similar problem a few days earlier. I uninstalled Firefox (I was running an older version). Downloaded and installed the latest browser version. The problem disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back