Inactive Browser problem, malware suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I have a problem with my internet at home. I use ADSL modem with build-in router. I have desktop running Win 7, that connects to router with ethernet cable, laptop running Win 8, and laptop running some linux(Ubintu that the only thing I know about that OS). Both laptops connect to router through wireless connection(WiFi). There no network between any of the devices.
Lately I started to experience problem with my internet browsers.When I start Firefox, and my home page starts to load(google.ca) I get message "Warning! Internet Explorer is currently out of date. Please update to continue." And the only option is to click "OK".(sometimes I get same type of message about Flash player). Then after you click "OK" it pops a window saying "Outdated browser detected" and gives you choice to either "Install" or "cancel" however clicking on any of those buttons start download of setup.exe file off the internet. (All this time its still "google.ca" in address bar). At the same time if I try to go to some other website through address bar(lets say nhl.com) it easily goes to the destination site without problem. However some sites are still remain anavailable(facebook, any search engines, it just say connection timeout, or site unavailable). If im offline( no internet connection whatsoever) it still does that thing except when it starts to download setup.exe file it says that there no connection.
Problem occurs on all of the 3 PCs I have and also on my Android phone.
I tried to reinstall FF, cleaning any trace of FF before reinstalling only to meet same problem right away.
Another thing that might be helpful is if I take any of my laptops outside my apartment and hook them to another WiFi, the problem goes away as it never happened.
Does it look like I have a malware or there something wrong with my router/modem?

Thank you.

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back