Browser problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i am new to this website was told that this site could be of some help to me.
Anyways i have recently switched from IE to FF a couple weeks ago i was doing fine untill the FF gave me a update which i wasn't able to update sucessfully because after the update download when i started the browser it said it couldn't load and in the adress bar it said this http://www.megaclick.com/404/?lg=en&type=dns&q=www.google.com
so i went back to try IE 7 and after the download it says the same thing in the adress bar with megaclick so i tried Netscape browser again says the same thing

the way i am on a browser at the moment is that i reinstalled the old version of FF that i had before and is the only thing that seems to work

some support would be nice i am willing to do what it takes to my capability to solve this

ThankYou:knock:

There`s very little that`s bad showing in your HJT log.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Megaupload Toolbar

Close control panel.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: Megaupload Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-CCB0-B130EEDBE97C} - C:\PROGRA~1\MEGAUP~1\MEGAUP~1.DLL

O3 - Toolbar: Megaupload Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-CCB0-B130EEDBE97C} - C:\PROGRA~1\MEGAUP~1\MEGAUP~1.DLL

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\PROGRA~1\MEGAUP~1<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot your computer.

I don`t expect this to solve your problem and if it doesn`t try the following.

Uninstall Firefox, then reinstall with the latest version from HERE. See if that helps.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks for the help megaupload does solve the problem thanks alot! i will recommend this site to all my freinds if they need help.

I have seen numerous posts about megaclick. There is no need to log all these hijack attempts. Megaclick URL, DNS, and search redirection is dependent of the MegaUpload toolbar. Uninstalling the toolbar removes the redirections. Also, you can shut off megaclick within the toolbar. You can also delete just the entries for the redirects out of the registry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/MEGAUPLOADTOOLBAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back