Browser Redirect that just won't go away

By BikerDooRags
Dec 10, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have run Spybot, Spyware Doctor and MS Malicious Software removal tool and none of them have found anything but I keep getting redirected. I would love to find someone that can help me find the culprit and take it out.
    XP sp3
    Explorer 8
  2. AnonymousSurfer

AnonymousSurfer TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 304   +8

Hi Biker,

Please read 8-step Virus Removal and download the Programs requested in the thread, then post the logs after you have run scans. The 3 most important software's we would like you to download is Malwarebyte's, SUPERAntiSpyware, and HijackThis. If you do not have a current up to date Anti-Virus software, please download either Avast! or Avira.
  3. BikerDooRags

BikerDooRags Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Avira won't complete

Thanks for your assistance... Sadly I cannot get the Avira to complete a scan... It seems to get hung up some where in the 40% range...
    Also, Malwarebyte doesn't seem to be doing anything.. I apologize if I am just ignorant...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.