BSOD 00x24

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been reading some reviews on this problem but havnt been able to resolve the problem myself. I have been getting the BSOD with 00x24 and read and followed the microsoft page and several others still cant resolve my problem. I am hoping for a step by step here that someone can help me out for my specific problem.

First of i am unable to access windows, the BSOD comes up and automatically restarts my comp. I went into windows recovery and tried chkdsk /r /p and /f and it doesnt give me a percent of how much it scanned and almost instantaneosly gives me "the volumes appear to have one or more unrecoverable problems". I have no petitions have checked and cant create at all. When i try it gives me BSOD 00x8e. I have at least 1024 - 2k ram but still wont work. Please if anyone can give me a step by step and resolve this with me i would be most gratefull. Thank you.

Dennis

It appears you have a bad memory module. Either your memory is installed incorrectly, or is the wrong memory module, or has failed. Try removing one, and testing the other with MemTest86, then exchanging them and run a test on the other.
What you are getting is a memory dump error, without your system being able to identify even that.

i only have one memory module now noticing is a 1024 DDR2. I cant even get into the computer itself tot test memtest86. When i try to reinstall windows it gives me 4 empty partition slots and brings me to the stop screen 00x8e. Starting it normally brings me to the 00x24 bsod. Any thing else to do?

Aa reformat and reinstall using your original disks is the best solution. You have a major failure somewhere, but without more information from you, we will probably not be able to help much.
Tell us the brand, model, age, OS, and configuration.
You either have a bad install, bad memory module, bad hard drive, bad CPU fan, bad connection somewhere in the wiring, or bad video graphics card or driver.
There are too many fundamental causes for what you describe, so give us a LOT more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back