BSOD 0x00000050 Windows 7

So, I started my morning with a PC being a little @%$#.
Background on me- I do IT for a car dealership. Its NOT my main job, I do a real job here- this just kind of BECAME my responsibility because no one else was doing it. SO, I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge.
Back to the issue at hand-
PC- Dell Minitower Optiplex 780 running Windows 7 Pro. It has been running like garbage, randomly shutting down and then taking eons to reboot. I ran the system diag to rule out any hardware issues, cleaned up old programs and files, did a defrag and ran a full security scan. No problems anywhere. It ran a bit better, then Friday it was awful. Prompted it to do Windows Updates- even the "optional" ones. It took forever.
It was still installing when we left Friday.
The user texts me before 8 this morning with a picture of a BSOD. 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONEPAGED_AREA

I try every single fix I can think of-
Boot in safemode, boot last known good config, boot to CDROM to do restore, boot to repair... Everything starts, then instant BSOD. (ran a check disk and a diag again, no issues with hardware were found)
This seems to be a known issue with an install, but all the threads with fixes that I followed didn't work. I even tried the option in CMD (WUSA wont run)

I removed the hard drive and its now installed on my PC. I haven't attempted to boot from it, but I did tried to access the files on it. I am able to do that. I attempted to delete anything labeled (8/12/2016) as the last known update- but it stopped me on a lot of files.

I know the update regarding font was supposed to be an issue- and I did notice all the font files were updated on 8/12, but I cannot delete them now.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I guess I would really like to save it as it is- so that would be my first priority.

If it will require a full reinstall of Windows, is there anyway to do a file and settings transfer with it plugged in as a secondary drive on my PC?

I appreciate the help if any!

Attachments

• IMG_6965 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_6965 (640x480).jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 1
I'm not really a 'pro' either (35 yrs DIY, 50 yrs programming), so I hope you find some of these ideas useful.

Your system is different from the other machine so booting this disk on your system is not good idea (nor is running any software which is on it). From what you've said, you have done a pretty thorough job already. SO I guess we have to carry on further. The fact that it won't boot from CD makes me think HD may be 'OK' - tho may have corrupted files - and the source of the problem is not in or on the HD. (I wish the BSOD stop code really meant something)

If you do not already have a backup of the data files, I would make one now

HD - still suspect - download the HD manufacturer's testing utility - and run the HD tests on this drive using your system - prove it is good

Malware - still suspect - I would download free Malwarebytes & run it

If at this point you have found nothing, then you need to go back to the machine (if dusty clean it out - if heatsink loose, fix it) and test that without the HD - use a bootable CD instead like which you can prepare with your rig - I recommend http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm - if it boots, it needs to be run overnight on the dealership system to really test memory

I f you can't get it to boot, I wonder if the system is old enough to need a new CMOS battery - check BIOS to confirm time is still correct - if not, then a $2 battery (size 2032, 3-volt) may do the trick.

Keep trying to boot from CD as you change things around - remove all but 1 stick of RAM, try others 1 at a time, switch slots as well

If you have an old working GPU, it might be worth swapping it in.

You may find the following article is useful..
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001141.htm

Need to find the point of failure - and that may require finding everything that does work first.

Back