TechSpot

BSOD 0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER on boot. No minidump possible

By chazzer998
Jun 4, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,
    Can anyone help.
    I am receiving the following bsod 0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER
    It happens everytime I boot very near the beginning. The bsod disappears very quickly so I used my camera and found that wdf01000.sys was the culpret.
    For some reason there is no minidump and I cannot boot at all, in safe mode or any other. I can only access the recovery panel and move files using command prompt.
    Any ideas anyone.
    Thanks in advance

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +69

When did this issue start occurring? Did you update any drivers lately? Did you install any recent software? Have you recently become infected?

Is your system either a Lenovo or Dell laptop? Are you using a Logitec mouse?

3. chazzer998

chazzer998 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi, Im on a TOSHIBA Satellite C660
    I forgot to say, I uninstalled my Realtek sound system because it wasn't working, and i planned to re-install it, but it required a restart first. thats when the problem started.
    Im using the built in touchpad. I have not had any virus's recently, or at least my antivirus hasn't picked them up. I haven't installed any software recently.

4. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +69

Okay, then go to Toshiba's website, find your exact system model and update the latest drivers for your sound.