TechSpot

BSOD 0x000000D1

By greywulf88
Feb 23, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driver_IROL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x7266747A, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xB4FSA331)

NVTCP.sys- Address B4F5A331 base at B4F55000, Datestamp 44d7cf20

This has happened 4-5 times in the past week, and I'm also getting system freezes. It seems to happen whenever I play a grafficly intensive program, but also did it a few mins ago when I tried to reinstall my motherboard drivers.

I'm running XP Pro.
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Very common, when you have a driver problem. You might try going back to an earlier version of the driver.
    Can also be other hard drive problems... video card, memory are common causes.
  3. greywulf88

greywulf88 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Don't think its a ram issue, I've tired switching it out. I'm also running a SLI Bridge with duel 8800GTS 640mb.

I tired installing the latest motherboard drivers, lest see if that works.
  4. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,140   +29

As raybay points out 0xD1 errors point to driver issues.

Driver NVTCP.sys is a Nvidia firewall driver that have given people fits over the years. When I built my last system one of the first pieces of advice people told me was: "Don't install the firewall drivers." Either uninstall or update your chipset drivers.
  5. greywulf88

Do you think the problem with nvtcp.sys could also be causing hte system freezes or would it be a different issue?
  6. Route44

If it is a chipset issue, yes, it could cause that. Minidumps can help attain more definitive answers.

How are the latest motherboard drivers doing? Anymore BSODs?
  7. greywulf88

So far so good, but I haven't had a chance to really give it a test. But it has run longer w/o freezing at system idleing then it ever has. I'll give it a good test later on tonight, and I'll let you know.

Thanks for the help btw.
  8. Route44

You are welcome. :) Sometimes all it takes is updating drivers. And, yes, please keep us informed if your system remains stable.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.