BSOD 0x50, After ~20min in game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok iv been getting multiple different BSOD's and this is the most prevelnt one. It occures when I am playing Counter-Strike:Source after about 20 minutes of playing. If had alot of issues with this system. Iv cheacked the mem and it's all good. Iv relocated it and still not helping. Reinstalled drivers for my vid card and sound card. And dont believe it to be hardware. lol I just dont want to do a reinst of windows. But if you guys could help me with figuring out what is causing it and maby how to fix it that would be awsome. TY. Oh btw I did install the update for windows that is said to be put in for this error. I will also put in some others that have come up if they will help diagnose. Oh and this is all im my laptop.

Im running a
CPU: 3.8 Intel HT
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 6800 GO Ultra
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio
HD: 2x60GB
RAM: 2x1028

Attachments

• BSOD.zip
    84.8 KB · Views: 5
I have alot of experience with CS man. Do you have vertical sync off in your video card settings? If so are you using custom fps_max and fps_modem settings? Are you using developer 1?

Developer 1 is known to fry video cards.

So you could simply be overworking your video card with custom settings thus emergency reboot.

Vertical sync is off and when i was getting the errors i crammed the graphics way down so to determin the problem. I didn't mess with trying to boost my fps and i don't use develepor 1. The cutdown did help but after a little while longer it still crashed. So then it might be either a driver or hardware issue concerning the graphics card. But thank you for the input as that did get me thinking more about what it could be. However i am not very knowledgable in debugging BSOD dumps so this is why i brought it here.

You could try running CS without Steam to see if that does anything. Just google it you'll find a simple way to do it.

Also, what do your system temperatures read after the reboot? If they're hot try getting rid of all that dust in your PC and assuring that all your fans are working, mostly your video card fan.

I can't read minidumps if you haven't noticed :p

Yeah lol that's ok. For the temperatures i dont really know as i dont have a monitor for them but as it is a laptop it would seem to be very suseptible to it. I did raise it up so it gets good air flow and is on a flat surface. I even put a big *** fan right next to it to maximize the flow. I will try to blow out the fans tomarrow and see if that helps but i do know and checked that the fans are working and especially the vids one. Does anyboady know of a why to monitor the temp as nvidia doesn't have it on this driver (or card?). And i dont really like using motherboard monitor. But i will also try to not have steam running (lol might really work) steam= :hotouch:

plenty of third party hardware monitors... windows based: Everest Home, Speedfan, CPUz.. Google is all you need...

have you tried to update your drivers?

Yeah iv installed new ones, old ones, and they all f up the computer. So iv had to use the factory driver for the computer. But iv done a clean boot and the system hasn't crashed yet but don't hold your breath :confused: im going to run it for a while and see what happens and do it with the graphics full on. But ill post back if it stops crashing.

WOW big suprise.... not it's still crashing. The time it takes is still the same. But on the bright side im getting consistant errors so ill upload those. They have been a 0xC2. HELP me lol.

The culprit may be faulty ram or the corrupted file structures. Run memtest to stress test the ram and run chkdsk /r to fix possible corrupted pointer of the windows file structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back