BSOD 0x7f, 0x8e etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phenique

Hello techspot, recently I have been getting BSODs that are frequently 0x8E. FOr awhile I was getting 0x50 BSODs, but I seem to have fixed that by letting my computer spew out the 0x8E errors. The arror usually happens when I try to play a game such as Second Life, Two Worlds, CS:S, Sims 2, or any game for that matter. I have run Memtest+ for 30 passes with each stick of ram, and then together. They passed with flying colors. I have also run the disk defragmenter, and diskchk.

One thing I MAY include that might help is that my processor is underclocked by a few mhz, and so is my FSB. I used to overclock my computer to 3.0 ghz until recently. I then removed my Zalman CPU fan/heatsink and discovered on the heatsink's bottom was a burn mark, and on the thermal grease that is spread over the CPU it was there too. After removing the thermal grease on the CPU, I found that it came off of the cpu, but the burn mark was still on the Zalman.

I would like to add that when I reboot my computer from it's BSODs, especially the 0x8e ones, that my computer beeps for a post but DOES NOT detect my HDD, and DVD drive, it hangs/freezes. This takes about 4 retries to finally have it boot normally, until I get to the windows login where I have a chance of getting the same error 0x8e.

I just purchased a combo package from newegg which was a 6000+ processor and an ASUS 590 SLI MOBO. If anyone here can help me narrow down the problem or eliminate it, I might be able to send back the processor and MOBO when they arrive, and not spend 350 bucks, which as an 18 year old lasertag ref, I don't really have that much to spend. I'm in debt to parents now.

I'm led to believe the processor, and/or motherboard went nuts on me >.<

Any help is appreciated!

I'm posting the following minidumps.

Oh I almost forgot. System specs

Foxconn C51XEM2AA AM2 SLI Mainboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
EVGA 8800 GTS 640
2x1gb Corsair Twin XMS DDR2 800
WD Caviar SATA 320 GB HDD
Turtle Beach Riveria sound card

I have tried that and they work still. I'm still iffy about the processor since it did have a burn mark on it

And is that what the minidumps are saying? that It's a memory issue? If it is, I will be saving a lot of money

It's almost certainly a hardware problem. As you're having problems booting after a crash, the PSU might be the problem. Can you lay your hands on another PSU to try?

I just did that tonight before bed. I tried a very reliable 600W Antec PSU that my neighbor has. My computer still had the booting problems

Sorry for the double post, but it's an update. I recently changed my RAM timing on one stick at a time to 5-5-5-12, according to corsair would help. Each RAM stick runs fine on it's own. soon I will be changing to both sticks running at the same time. But from what I've experienced, my RAm doesn't want to run dual channel. which probably is a problem with the motherboard's DIMM or the processor being a tard.

From what I see, is I can run Second Life, Two worlds, and the sims 2 for hours on end (overnight) without getting any BSODs. Each stick is good. I'm just guessing my motherboard wants to murder me or something and not allow the dual channeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back