BSOD 0x7f (0xd rest is all 0x0's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, first post here.

I've been having this problem ever since i reformatted my pc. Along with reformatting i installed a new graphics card, ASUS AH3450, and i've been getting a BSOD every time i try to play a game that requires a good graphics card.

The games are any Source engine games, EVE online, Silkroad, and WoW.
I start up the game and can play for about 1-30 minutes before i get a bsod with an error message 0x7f (0xd)

My computer specs:
HP Pavilion a620n
System Model:pC028A-ABA-A620N
Processor: AMD Athlon XP3200+
Ram: 1 Stick of 512mb and 1 stick of 1Gb
Graphics Card:ASUS AH3450 with an ATI AGP (0x95C6) chipset.

I really need help with this, it's been bothering me not to be able to play any of these games.

The Stop 0x7F message indicates that one of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode:

• A condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept (also known as a bound trap).

• Software problems.

• Hardware failures.

Possible Resolutions:

• Stop 0x7F messages are typically due to defective, malfunctioning, or failed memory hardware. If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace it to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the system manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

• Running the CPU beyond the rated specification, known as "overclocking," can cause Stop 0x7F or other error messages due to heat buildup. When diagnosing problems on overclocked systems, first restore all clock and bus speed settings to the manufacturer recommended values to determine if this resolves the issues.

• The problem might also be due to cracks, scratched traces, or defective components on the motherboard. If all else fails, take the system motherboard to a repair facility for diagnostic testing.

• Stop 0x7F messages can occur after installing incompatible applications, drivers, or system services. Contact the software manufacturer about possible Windows XP specific updates. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools.

Have you overclocked your CPU at all?

Also, try downloading the latest drivers for your graphics card, this can sometimes solve the problem

Well my graphics card is up to date and i have never overclocked my pc. The only new hardware i added was the graphics card. I'm not sure if the motherboard is damged because i've taken good care of it over the past few years.

i have been having this problem with this hp laptop vista os. it started like getting a display flicker then hangs. it later developed to not coming up sometimes, the current status is that it doesnt display anything on the screen put the processor fan rolling and the leds are on. i would like to hear from somebody who can actually help. i'll highly appreciate it.
note: the laptop is no longer under warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back