BSOD - 0XC2, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repeating the "first posts" of a thousand before me, but- I come here often for advise, I've just never had to post before.

I'm getting the 0XC2 error which I've come as far as to understand is most likely a driver. This is happening on my coworker's computer, and as I work for a very small company, I am the go-to guy for computers, but I am far from a tech.

I've included the last two listed dumps, though in a display of my ignorance, I'm a little confused as to why only one is dated today, since I've restarted (and subsequently crashed) the computer several times this morning.

Any help at all would be appreciated. The lady whose computer is down manages our payroll, and if I can't get her up and running again soon, we'll both have hell to pay (though maybe this would convince the powers-that-be around the office that investing a little money into our ancient computers might not be a bad idea...)

Minidump 112408-01
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_50
Probably caused by : avgldx86.sys

avgldx.sys is the AVG AVI Loader Driver - AVG Internet Security - GRISOFT, s.r.o

Possible Solution
Uninstall AVG internet security in safe mode(if you can, otherwise in normal mode) and see if the computer will boot without crashing. If so try getting the most recent version of AVG internet security or perhaps a different internet security/antivirus.

Avast or Avira are recommended (by techspot) free antivirus porgrams

Comodo or zonealarm are recommended (by techspot) free firewalls

After doing the above stated, please post back and let us know the results.

That worked wonders, thank you.

A side note- I've installed Avast on everyone's computer in the office, just like I installed Firefox, but some of them are too stubborn and refuse to accept help where it's offered, I assume even moreso since I don't operate in any official tech capacity. That's why you'll find things like people installing AVG (or whatever they were told is "the" program to use) again, or still using internet explorer...

At any rate, thank you much for the help, and even more for the timely manner in which it was delivered.

No problem, glad we could get this issue resolved for you, and uphold your reputation at your place of employment as the go-to-guy for computer issues!!!

Thank you for posting back and letting us know the issue had been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back