TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

BSOD? 1000007f?

By Madbassist1 ยท 7 replies
Oct 25, 2006
  1. All any assistance appreciated. Im getting BSOD seemingly at random, but seems to occur most likely when accessing the local lan. Here's some minidumps. I have an hp compaq nc6230

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at b57xp32.sys. This is your ethernet driver. See HERE for more info.

Uninstall and reinstall the driver. If that doesn`t help, check for any updated drivers.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. Madbassist1

Madbassist1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I will update the driver files and let you know how it works. Thank you for the rapid and knowlegeable response

4. bushwhacker

bushwhacker TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 783

I got 0x00000015

>.> i think this is caused by memory problem, i will post the dump here tomorrow if i get my pc back.

5. howard_hopkinso

bushwhacker: If you`re having problems with BSOD`s etc, please start your own thread. This will save any confusion.

Regards Howard :)

6. bushwhacker

bushwhacker TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 783

ha ha ha ok i will do that :)

7. Madbassist1

Madbassist1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks to your quick translation, howard, I was able to track the problem to the following Microsoft update:

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-055 - Vulnerability in Vector Markup Language Could Allow Remote Code Execution (925486)

Removing the update corrected the issue. Thank you for your assistance, sir.

The Tech-Spot forums just got promoted to my "Favorites" list. Anything I can do to help, DONT HESITATE to let me know.

8. howard_hopkinso

That`s great news.

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards Howard :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.