BSOD after accessing backup HDD multi times. May be driver error

I've gotten 5 BSODS after attempting to access my back up HDD. Of course I assume the drive is now bad however, some interesting things happened just before this problem started.

I'm running Windows 7 and I have my libraries set up to include my backup as well as my primary HDDs. Moments after plugging a Fujifilm Z30 digital camera via USB I lost all my pictures and videos on the backup HDD... however I did not lost anything else.

I understand this could be a coincidence of drive failure AND hooking up new hardware (that was the first time the camera had been used on the computer, its my girlfriends camera, works fine on her computer) but, I would really like someone to look at the minidump files I've included to see if there are any other hidden problems with drivers or something I've missed. I'm sure the drive failed and it just happened to occur at the same time I was messing with digital cameras.

Also, what are some good ways to attempt picture recovery? I have quite a bit of stuff from various travels and overseas deployments I would like to try and restore.

Thank you so much in advance,

EB

Attachments

• Last 5 Dumps.zip
    125.1 KB · Views: 2
I'd also like to add that for some reason, all my file directories on this HDD are now listed as applications. Its very very weird. I can't find anywhere on whether or not this is do to data corruption.

Can you run a harddrive diagnostics? You'll probably have to take your external harddrive from it's enclosure in order to slave it into another system.

You should then be able to access from said system and do the following: a) transfer your important information to DVD and/or flash drive and b) run harddrive diagnostics.

Can you run a harddrive diagnostics? You'll probably have to take your external harddrive from it's enclosure in order to slave it into another system.

You should then be able to access from said system and do the following: a) transfer your important information to DVD and/or flash drive and b) run harddrive diagnostics.

This is an internal harddrive. I have 2 harddrive slots on my motherboard via SATA. I can't really transport data from it since I BSOD mostly when accessing it. Also, all the data (docs/pics/etc etc) are now read as applications.

I think between work servers and other various storage devices I might be able to replicate all the important information lost. Its just a real bugger to know what's the ACTUAL problem.

Also, CHKDSK fails hard when checking drive integrity.

Uh-oh, that sounds like an impending harddrive failure (if it hasn't already crashed). Look at my previous post and try to slave it to another system.

Back