BSOD after clean install and application errors in system log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I've been having problem with my pc, Symptoms have been rebooting automatically for no apparent reason and Firefox crashing everytime i start it. This was happening for about a month until i couldn't reboot my pc.
So I did a clean install of windows XP and now i'm getting the following errors in the event viewer when using windows update through ie

faulting application svchost.exe version 5.1.2600.2180 faulting module mxsml3.dll version 8.50.2162.0 fault address 0x00008457

faulting application iexplorer.exe version 6.0.2900.2180 mshtml.dll version 6.0.2900.2180 fault address 0x00129a66

fault bucket 134652368

Also my PC still reboots for no apparent reason.

When i run sfc /scannow I get the BSOF referring to either of the following files
sr.sys
ntfs.sys

I suspect it was caused by the harddisk, but running speedfan and doing chkdsk it seems alright.

I've attached some minidumps and hoping someone could evaluate them for me and tell me what is wrong with my pc.
I've have the following
p4 northbridge 2.4ghz
ecs vmm2 motherboard
2gig PC2100 ddr ram
FDD
DVD combo drive
NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti200
2 80GB IDE HDD
430watt power supply

thanks in advance
Darrell

Hi
I think this is a motherboard problem - give it a visual inspection and check all the capacitors to make sure none of them have bulged out of shape on the top.
The reason for the instant (maybe wrong!) diagnosis is I have just binned an ECS board from a system with similar problems for this reason.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Two of your minidumps crash with MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT. This indicates faulty ram as the culprit.

Test your ram as per the instructions in this thread HERE.

CHKIMG_EXTENSION: !chkimg -lo 50 -d !sr
f7469a04 - sr!_SEH_prolog+28
[ 45:44 ]
1 error : !sr (f7469a04)

MODULE_NAME: memory_corruption

IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption

FOLLOWUP_NAME: memory_corruption

MEMORY_CORRUPTOR: ONE_BIT

STACK_COMMAND: .trap ffffffffb7124ba8 ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT

BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT

Followup: memory_corruption