BSOD after installing Nvidia display driver

After installing a display driver, when it s just booted and logging in, the whole thing stopped and become BSOD few seconds later.
The BSOD said attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed. (0x00000116)
I guess it s the problem of my display driver, so I uninstalled the driver and become fine.
But I need the display driver :(( without the driver is inconvenient, could anyone tell me what happened to my display card?

The following is the spec of my PC
RAM: 4GB
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 631
Display Card: Nvidia GT240 (Inno3D)
DirectX 11
I ve installed the WHQL version of driver but no use.

Thanks!

There's lots of work going on to convince us that we need software to trawl our hardware and install the latest version of all drivers. If you have the latest computer with a state of the art graphics card and need to play newly released games at a higher resolution than your friends it's important. That's why nVidia are constantly tweaking the graphics drivers. For anyone with a graphics card that's getting on, like the GT240, it's not so important. I suggest you try a few earlier nVidia drivers for your card. If they don't work either then you need to revisit the problem.

Back