BSOD after Laptop Windows corruption

Nivagely

I was helping my friend who turned his laptop off while windows was installing updates and whatnot (win 7 64bit) and essentially became a brick for him, What happened there after was a continuous series of BSOD, Ive since reformatted the HDD (Can't remember The brand but might be seagate) and tried reinstalling windows 7 on to it, was Windows 8,

The problem is that I cannot see any damage thereafter on the HDD, its relatively new, 4 months,
Now I can get to different stages of the windows installation but I will have a BSOD stating hardware error, Now this is a strange one as it works perfectly fine within my Computer, File moves quick, Placing and retrival goes without a hitch no matter the size, and I cannot see a problem with the HDD itself, however whenever its a linked to the laptop, It will BSOD

Now I understand that it may be other hardware affecting this and the bios settings which considered Windows 7 a legacy OS (The crime of it!) but as far as I know for now, the laptop was working perfectly fine till my friend did that silly move.

As of now, I am unable to give you lot any more information, as he has gone to Spain. I was wondering if any of you could give some insight till I get the thing in my hands, when I do I'll be able to give out the information, I would just rather do this now and see the options at hand and get a pre emptive head set going on!

Your best option will probably be to wait until your friend returns with his laptop to locate the minidump files and upload them here.

Could be several things to be honest. Hard to determine without more information.

Yeah thought so, well he's back tomorrow and will more than likely pop the laptop down, So Ill run some more tests with HDD, as for locating the minidump files, I'd have no clue under this circumstance, seeing as I reformatted then had a failed windows installation

Back