TechSpot

BSOD after putting in new wireless card. DMP included

By zzz
Jul 4, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My computer randomly blue screens ever since I put in a new wireless card (Belkin). I installed the new drivers. It is especially prone to crashing if I hit the repair wireless connection button. the dmp says it's due to ntoskrnl.exe. Reading up on this it might not be the wireless card's fault, just that now ntoskrnl.exe has an opportunity to access the net and it's crashing.

WinXP SP3
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core
    MA790X UD4 motherboard
    2046mb ram

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Looks like a bad card. Belkin is actually a number of companies making products under contract... so it is very difficult to track down the problem online... some with the same product ID will work, while others from another plant or country will not..
    I would return the unit to the seller, and get another card... Then go to the Registry and remove all lines relevant to the Belkin install.
    If it works without the Belkin, you have your answer.
  3. zzz

zzz TS Rookie Topic Starter

is that what the mini dump says?
  4. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Well, you can read the minidump yourself... corrupted files and a stack dump...

If you want more information you can use, set it to report as a txt file instead of a dmp file.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.