TechSpot

BSOD and freezing problems

By Matthijsjuhh
Jan 8, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Hey,
    I'm recently getting some BSOD and freezing problems. It mostly occurs 5 to 20 minutes after I start up. I've update my drivers, doesn't work. And I don't have a virus either. The blue screen changes each day and doesn't stay the same ( I just have one dump file now since the others got deleted by cc cleaner ).
    But the most weirdest part is that it usually occurs only once a day, and sometimes it doesn't even occur. I downloaded blue screen view and I got als result:
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000d1 0xbe827779 0x00000002 0x00000000 0x919464a0
    Also tried to upload my minidump but I can't upload it since I get this message:
    The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

I hope you guys can help me with this,
    Thanks already.

2. Matthijsjuhh

Matthijsjuhh TS Rookie Topic Starter

Managed to get my minidump in an other text program so I could upload it, here it is.

Attached Files:

3. Matthijsjuhh

Got a bluescreen again with also an minidump

Attached Files:

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,987   +168

The text files are not readable. Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files. Right-click sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

5. Matthijsjuhh

I still get the message ''the uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.''
    Tried several things, but I can't actually send it. Do you have a way to fix this?
    (Can't open the minidump either.)

6. Matthijsjuhh

Finally managed it to send them.

Attached Files:

7. Tmagic650

8. Matthijsjuhh

I probably don't think it's norton itself, since I have norton for some years already. But I've downloaded a new chrome app, by norton internet security. And deleted it now. I hope it's fixed now, since a blue screen didn't occur today. I'll tell you in a week if it worked. Thanks for helping me.

9. Tmagic650

Norton Internet Security is safe enough, but I learned a long time ago to steer clear of anything Norton... Good luck:)

10. Matthijsjuhh

I deleted everything from Norton Internet Security. And that worked for a week, but now I got a bsod again :'( I'll send you the minidumps. Also after the bsod my computer was checking my C:\ drive.

Attached Files:

11. Tmagic650

Your hard drive may be dying... Back up your important data now. Is this a laptop or a desktop PC?

12. Matthijsjuhh

Desktop PC, also I forgot to mention that my PC usually makes much (strange) noices when starting up

13. Tmagic650

Can you tell where the noises are coming from? Do the noises stop eventually?

14. Matthijsjuhh

I can't actually tell where to noise is coming from, but they usually stop after a full startup ( or if restarting after I got a bsod )

15. Tmagic650

This type of noise usually comes from a CPU fan or case fans, but a hard drive can cause noise too. I wonder if the desktop is over-heating...

16. Matthijsjuhh

Do you have a program or a way to see if your pc is overheating?
    Also, I forgot to tell that that C:/ scan found a problem (file?) and it got deleted.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  17. Tmagic650

Run the computer with the side off for a day or two. Did you run CHKDSK by going to Computer, right-clicking on the C drive. Putting a check-mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up?

18. Matthijsjuhh

Didn't reply for a while to test things out, and I came to the conclusion it's probably my hard drive. Due the strange noices when restarting my pc after a bsod. Also my pc is probably more than 5 years old so I ordered a new better one, which hopefully fixes the situation :).

19. Tmagic650

Thanks for the update:)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.