BSOD and PC Freeze Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I am new here so I would like to first of all say hello :)
I am experiencing some issues which occur when browsing the net or doing some other task.

My PC will freeze and then I have to press reset to reload windows. I am not sure what the problem could be?

I am attached the minidump files below.

What motherboard, processor, video card, and power supply do you have? I could probably find that all in the error report text file, but I'm too lazy to read it all :D

Does it ever happen when your computer is idle, or is it only when it has to work somewhat?

--kitty

PS welcome to TechSpot! ;) Hope you find answers to your questions here. :wave:

Thanks Kitty. It's fine when idle, usually when its doing something.

The system that I built has these specs

Antec Sonata II case 450w psu
GA-965P-S4 M/B
2GB Kingston 5300 667 RAM
Intel Conroe e6600
Asus 7600GS 256mb
Winfast DVT-2000H
Pioneer DVR-111D
Floppy
2 x SATA HDD
(Primary 160GB Seagate with XP Pro)
(Secondary 320GB Seagate for storage)

Do you do any gaming? if so, does anything ever happen when doing that?

I'm thinking it could be a power supply problem, not sure if other TS members will back me up on that or not.

--kitty500cat

kitty500cat said:
Do you do any gaming? if so, does anything ever happen when doing that?

I'm thinking it could be a power supply problem, not sure if other TS members will back me up on that or not.

--kitty500cat

nope dont do any gaming

The problem is with VsapiNT.sys, which belongs to Folder Lock. It looks to be confllicting with your AV software. If you really need it, you can try updating. You can find some reviews (and it's problems) HERE.

thanks for the reply :)

I was really worried, my system is only 1 month old. I ran both memtest 86+ and Microsoft RAM diagnostic and they both ran successfully for several hours.

did you find any other faults or possible causes in the log files?

I've actually copied and pasted the wrong file, the problem file is windrvNT.sys. The above file belongs to your AV software.

All the dumps list windrvNT.sys as the probable cause, this tells you that it's a software problem. Hardware symptoms are random and each dump would list different causes.

thanks for the reply, I have uninstalled the current AV product installed another one and have also made sure to update the folder lock program to the latest edition.

I was interested into finding out how you can go about viewing and analysing the minidump logs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back