BSOD and several issues

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong spot.... I've used the virus help on here a long time ago and figured I'd give this a try as well, so here goes.

Currently my laptop is having some issues that seem to be just getting worse and worse. There seems to be more than one issue. I'll start with the latest and work my way back, since I've been trying to correct these since and am getting nowhere.

Two days ago I started having an issue while playing an online game (that never had problems like this). While in the game for a very short period, I would get a blue screen with text that would only stay up for a couple of seconds and the game would close. As far as I could quickly read, it looked like the errors were saying memory leaks. After a couple of those, the game will not even open up any more.... it starts too, then drops the game and goes back to desktop. This is also doing the same on another game I checked.

After this issue happened, I ran malwarebytes and Avast virus scanner (just a habit when things go wrong). I got nothing except several errors that some archives couldn't be scanned on my virus scanner. Also, through my virus scanner which I had just updated I tried updating several pieces of software, namely Java, IExplorer, and Adobe Flash Player. Java updated, but I'm seeing 2 programs on the updater schedule (one that updated , and one that didn't and it won't.. nor can I remove an older version). IExplorer will not update (I keep getting a windows error when trying to do this... I have had this issue for a little bit and have had to start using Chrome because of IE issues). Flash didn't update.

I believe this is all an ongoing problem because Windows is having some kind of issues updating as well. Seems I just keep getting buggier errors that eventually lead to more errors.

If you can help, it would be greatly appreciated, or move my thread to the appropriate section.... Thanks a bunch.

Forgot to add... this is the error message I get when trying one of the games that just crashes.

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Users\jay\AppData\Local\temp\WERDA68.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\jay\AppData\Local\temp\WERF596.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\jay\AppData\Local\temp\WERF6FE.tmp.mdmp

And all the archives that virus scanner couldn't check were in these AppData directories

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here

Tmagic, I can see the .dmp files but when I go to send them to a compressed file, I get an error message "Compressed (zipped) Folders Error" File not found or no read permission. Behind this error window I see the zipped folder, then it immediately disappears when I close the error window. Happens with each file that I try and zip.

Also, this is the main user profile on my computer so it should have all rights to it.

Hope this worked

Attachments

• files to send.zip
    72 KB · Views: 1
The minidumps are there... I would suggest that you install Windows fresh if you can. The ATI driver is being flagged in the minidumps. Also, the hard drive is showing issues. It may be corrupted

Unfortunately This laptop didn't come with a recovery or boot disk, and I have misplaced the ones I've made in a move. I keep getting an error type message that I'm not running a true windows version (I think that had something to do with the viruses and rootkit that people on this site helped me remove). This is one of the issues I'm having with windows not being able to update, and the windows label on the bottom side of laptop has worn the numbers off so I don't have those if I need them to update.

As for the hard drive, every so often something might not work correctly and I have to reboot the computer. It then goes through a CHKDSK and recovers itself and seems fine.

Any suggestions??

There is a "supposed" fix I've seen on youtube for this particular model Toshiba laptop L455D-S5976. Supposedly there's a feature to restore it to "out of box" specs. Don't suppose you'd have any idea if that was a true and viable option. Thanks for any help.

"Supposedly there's a feature to restore it to "out of box" specs. Don't suppose you'd have any idea if that was a true and viable option"... Most laptops have this "restore" feature available though a key press when the laptop first starts. An esc, F2 or F10 key press is common

Ok thanks again Tmagic.... Guess I'll try that and if it doesn't work I will probably be in the market for a new laptop.

Back