lano15

So I have a new Computer

intel core duo extreme quad 3.00 ghz
dual ati HD 3870 512 meg gfx cards
4 gig crossiar dominator ram
windows vista home
1tb hard sata raid
from dell

I recieved a BSOD recenlty and I want to pinpoint what is the root of the problem.

If someone can please help I would appreciate it greatly.

attached are the minidumps. (2 of them)

im thinking it may be a video driver issue but I do not now for sure.

(the BSOD happened twice in maya once on its own and once when starting up a game)

again any help would be great!

thank you so much.

lano15

Attachments

• minidumps_lano15.zip
    40.6 KB · Views: 6
Both minidumps were error 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

This is defined by auhma.org as:
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Both dumps cite core Windows drivers which isn't a big help. Therefore....

1. Run memTest on your RAM for a minimum of 7 passes. If you have errors run this test on each stick to determine which one(s) are bad. repalce.

2. Run a full harddrive diagnostics from the free utility supplied from your HD manufactuer. It is found on their website.

3. Run ChkDsk.

i have a pc from dell will it come with a HD diagnostics?

is chkdsk something i need to download?

also i use the antivirius that came with my dell trend micro

do you think it is worth it to go to the dell website and download all th eupdates for my pc from there?

updates for my bios and video card ect ect ect....

In your Start Menu you will find the Run box; type ChkDsk as I have it spelled and then click okay. let it run.

Yes, go to Dell's website and update. I have seen this straighten out many issues.

let us know if it resolves your problem(s).

thank you for the info i will do this tonight when i get home i also plan on running memtest .

ill post back later.

thanks again.

these were my bugs.

BugCheck 50, {fb2c7908, 1, 80d2496b, 2}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe

BugCheck 50, {fb9f7008, 1, 80d0596b, 2}
Probably caused by : luafv.sys

so i ran memtest everything passed

ran chkdsk everything passed

i ran regcure a few times it kept comming up with errors and i would keep fixing them.

i disabled the luafv.sys driver which reverted my trillian pro back to pro basic..?

but i have not had any issues last night.

Both those drivers in your last post are core Windows drivers.

A number of people recently have had issues with Trillian.

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back