BSOD - Avira or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

512dude

Win XP Pro SP3

I have been getting many BSOD crashes lately. I thought it was my "Magic Jack" but even after unplugging this thing it continues. I received an error with on screen of a AVIpbb.sys file being the cause and after checking on the Avira site found a number of posts with various suggestions.

I also ran a diagnostic of the latest minidump file and here are the results. It suggests that ntkrnlmp.exe is to blame. Not sure what to do at this point to try and fix it.

Any help appreciated.

I fixed the mini dump attachment in my original post.

So far I have not had a dump since the 29th but the only thing I did was unplug my Magic Jack device since I suspect it maybe conflicting with something.

See: www.magicjack.com if you don't know what that thing is.

That's great news
I missed the attachment you added 2hrs ago as you added it as an edit to your above post.
Anyway, all's well ... :)

Had another BSOD this morning March 31st, the last one was 2 days ago. I have attached the latest mini dump file.

I have not had the MagicJack attached so I'm not thinking it is related to that device. I did a bit of sleuthing and found a bunch of LoadPerf errors in my Event Viewer. (screen captures attached)

Seems like these are occurring frequently since March 8th. I checked the Program Files folder and found that this is the same date that a Java update occured called "jre6". On the 3rd of March I installed Avira and have read of a few BSOD issues with rootkits but since I am a rookie I'm not sure what that means.

Thanks

Oh forgot all about this thread :/

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 80551ae2, b62ae83c, 0}
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+107 )
Followup: Pool_corruption
PROCESS_NAME: WINWORD.EXE

The BSOD informed me to turn off any BIOS shadowing or caching so I went into the BIOS settings and did just that.

Video Ram Cache : Disabled
Video Bios Shadow: Disabled

Just had another case of BSOD....so far nothing is helping.

Same Event Viewer entries right before each crash.

Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back