Bsod Bad Pool Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharat_gr8

Hello friends,
I am facing a serious problem with my computer.And the obvious problem is BSOD saying BAD POOL ERROR
And I have attached the minidump file.Before attaching the dump file,i have followed the instructions which you have instructed me to do...But, theres not change in the performance.
This problem comes only if I keep my system working for more hrs.
This is my system configuration
Windows XP SP2
Intel CORE 2 DUO E4500 @ 2.2GHz
1GB DDR2 RAM modules
160GB SATA Harddisk
REALTEK SOUND CARD (A very Old one)
INTEL DG 33 FB Motherboard
IOMEGA DVD WRITER
1.44 MB Floppy Disk Drive
ZEBRONICS 400W SMPS...
NORTON ANTI VIRUS 2003 PROFESSIONAL EDITION
ZONE ALARM FIREWALL v5.5

One more important thing is that, motherboard, RAM, Processor @ SMPS are the new installations in this configuration.I used to face the same problem even when i was working with the old system.And the same problem continues even after installing the new components....Thats the reason, I am very confused.I am facing this problem even for the new system.
Anyways, kindly look into the minidump file and please reply soon.

Once again it is an 0xC2 error and this is typically caused by a faulty driver or buggy software. In your case the faulty driver is, once again, SYMTDI.SYS which of the Symantec (Norton) Security Software. As I said before since it is Norton it doesn't suprise me.

Now here is the question, does the 2003 Professional Edition contain a firewall as well? Because if it does and you are running ZoneAlarm at the same time you will have unavoidable conflicts.

I dont think...2003 Professional Edition hasnt got a firewall at all....I guess..I am pretty sure about that.....So,,what do i do with the file SYMTDI.sys?Should i delete it from the system? Wont there be any problem if i try to remove it from the system?

test your HD and memory for errors.

the Bad Pool Header occurs testing the validity of a memory block and
most blocks get fetched from HD.

I thought I had a bad mem-stick, but memtest said no. Upon testing the HD,
I found several bad blocks.

So the memory manager pages-out a chunk to HD which later gets fetched,
verified, and then fails with this error.

Thanks a lot jobeard. But, how do i check the memory check for my HD?
I guess, RAM must not be a problem as i bought it just a month back.And so, i think, it shudnt be the cause of this blue screen of death.
What do you say?Please let me know the steps on how to perform the memory check on hard disk...

RAM doesn't have to be old to be bad. Many people buy new sticks, put them in their PC and Viola! -- system crashes due to corrupted memory even though they are new.

Find the make of your harddrive. Go to their website and download their free harddrive diagnostic utility. Let it do a full diagnostics. It will tell you if it passed or not. Let us know how it works out.

Oh, and I did answer your PM via PM.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back