BSOD - BCCode 1000008e

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently had three BSOD instances in the last three days. This is a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4467 laptop that I've had since Thanksgiving. There had been one other instance a few weeks ago, but that was isolated, so I didn't think much of it. The only real change since then has been increased usage of my harddrive as I ripped/downloaded some CDs. However, I did HATE Vista and reformatted it to install XP within a day of getting it so the drivers were sort of cobbled together, but I have no idea which driver would be the screwy one.

Processor
Intel Core 2 Duo T5200 / 1.6 GHz
Multi-Core processor technology
Dual-Core
64-bit processor
Yes
Data bus speed
533 MHz
Chipset type
Mobile Intel 945GM Express

Cache Memory
Type
L2 cache
Cache size
2 MB

RAM
Installed Size
1 GB
Technology
DDR II SDRAM - 533 MHz
Memory specification compliance
PC2-4200

Motherboard: Couldn't find this on the detailed specs sheet
GPU:Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 with 8MB-25
PSU:65W (19V x 3.42A) Auto sensing external AC Adapter, 100-240V /
50-60Hz frequency (Universal) input.

The error I keep getting (twice playing warcraft III, once just doing normal computer things):
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: AAAF605B
BCP3: A940072C
BCP4: 00000000
OSVer: 5_1_2600
SP: 2_0
Product: 256_1

The only things I did not check on the lists of troubleshooting for crashes, etc. are the ones that involved inspecting the actual hardware. Mem86 showed zero errors through text eight; temperatures were between 37-45.

...and then I got a new error later today, BCCode: C9
Normal computer surfing

Attachments

• Mini122507-03.zip
    21 KB · Views: 5
Your first three minidumps point to RtkHDAud.sys which is a Realtek high definition audio function driver. Many people have had this issue with this driver. I suggest updating your onboard audio drivers.

The last two minidumps show a 0x9C error which this signals a warning from one of the driver verifier I/O managers.
In this case it is UnlockerDriver5.sys. Do you have any software associated with Unlocker 5? It is hard to find definitive information butit may be a malware/rootkit. It is not a signed driver per Windows from I can gather.

Same error... another minidump

I have experienced the same error... with the following info sent to MS:

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 8052C5FD BCP3 : B9B8A64C
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

I am attaching the minidump files for two of the crashes... I had one while writing this message also, but no dump was generated.

I have installed AVG 8.0 two days ago, and I have installed a new RAM module a few days ago. Is it possible to see from the dump what application (or hardware) is causing the trouble?

Additional info:

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Motherboard:
CPU Type Mobile , 1833 MHz (6 x 306)
Motherboard Name Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv6000 (RP989EA#UUW)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Calistoga i945GM/PM
System Memory 2048 MB (DDR2 SDRAM)
BIOS Type Phoenix (11/06/06)

Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 (256 MB)
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 (256 MB)
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB]

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller

(added a third minidump for the second crash when writing this...)

Welcome to the forums. :) For any future needs it is much better if you start your own thread. That being said...

All three of your errors are 0x8E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue)

From what you desacribe I am leaning heavily towards a driver issue because, if I am reading you correctly, these crashes didn't occur untilo you installed AVG.

In all three the driver cited is avgtdix.sys which is part of the recently released AVG 8.0 and there is very little on the web right now concerning this driver. So here are my suggestions and a question:

1. HP laptops come pre-installed with Norton Internet Security Suit. Did you completely uninstall this or any previously installed antivirus/internet security suit before installing AVG? If not then that is the reason you are having issues. There should only be one anti-virus, one firewall, etc, running on your system, otherwise the drivers will conflict causing BSODs.

2. In order to completely clean out Norton (if it is still installed; even if uninstalled Norton is notorious to leaving remnants of itself behind) you need to go to Symantec's website and use their removal tool.

3. If none of the above works, try uninstalling and then reinstalling AVG.

4. If that doesn't work go to their forums and see what they have to say.

Thank you

Thank you very much for the prompt and informative answer. The laptop came with NAV pre-installed, as you said, but I installed Norton 360 to get added functionality. The backup-function took forever and was eventually exchanged with SyncBackSE (which works), and the rest of the product left a big footprint on my system, so I decided to try AVG... the problem with "automatic restarts" of my system disappeared when I removed AVG from the system. I followed your description and ran Norton's removal tool to get rid of all files from Norton. I have sent an e-mail to AVG, and will await their answer before I install the product again... hopefully they have an explanation which in the future let me run the product without any hassle.

Thank you again, and have a nice day.

You are welcome. yes, Norton leaves a Big footprint. Also, if this AVG 8.0 is a security suit don't forget to disable Windows firewall.

problem

Hello!

I get this error when i play some of the games, but sometimes also when working on desktop. Please help, i'm desperate. I thought maybe it was my graphic card cause my cooler was damaged. i bought a new one but it's still the same.

If you need any information regarding my computer please let me know.

Thenx!

fromhell, in the future you need to start your own thread. This one is old and people are going think you are answering the OP rather than you needing help.

Also, whatever file form you have your minidumps in they are unreadable. Follow this steps, start your own thread, and someone will be along to help. :)

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back