BSOD bugcheck 0x10000050 - bad ram ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lubej

Hello

I have bought computer 4 months ago and from start I have problems with pc crashing and then rebooting itself. Sometimes it crashes in 2 hours and sometimes after 2, 3 days of working.

Three days ago I have install clean copy of win xp and again I have reboot after 30 hours.

Here is the info:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x10000050 (0xb4a4fc50, 0x00000000, 0xbf8113c3, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini101506-01.dmp.

I have also run memtest and have attached screen from memtest.
Does that means that I have bad ram , is this 100% sure ? If yes, than I can reuturn pc to shop - guaranty.

Thank you.
Best regards.

Attachments

• PICT4949.JPG
    PICT4949.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 14
  • Mini101506-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 8
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

From looking at your minidump and your screenshot, I would say faulty ram is the culprit.

Your bugcheck of 50 also indicates a possible ram problem.

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Hollo again

I have also run MS ram test and I have attached picture. Are all this errors normal ?
In 34 passes there were 22 errors (all the same). Can someone please explain me the results ?

Thank you very much.

Br

Attachments

• PICT4960.JPG
    PICT4960.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 11
I actually prefer to use Memtest86+. However, if you are getting errors on your ram, it`s safe to assume your ram is bad.

Just to be on the safe side, run the above Memtest86+ and let us know the results.

Regards Howard :)

I have run memtest86+ , picture is attached in my first post.

Problem is that in one week after installing win xp I have only one crash and now really do not know how to prove seller that something is wrong with the pc. I don't think computer shop will accept ram test pictures.

Yes, maybe I can try to take one stick out and run test on each stick separate.

Br

Hello again.

Now I have run memtest on each stick. On one stick I do not get any errors but on 2nd stick there are lot of errors. I have attached pictures.

Also I had new crash, restart. I have attached minidump file.

Please explain me if this is ram problem or not ? What is your final conslusion ?

Thank you very much.
Br

Attachments

• PICT4969.JPG
    PICT4969.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 8
  • PICT4970.JPG
    PICT4970.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 6
Hello

Just to let you now that after I have replaced bad ram my computer is now running very good. 10 days without any restart.
Thank you.

Br

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back