BSOD cannot understand its reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

So like many other people I receive this blue screen with the 0x0000007f (0x0000000d) error line. I read other posts about this but I don't know much about computers in general so I cannot find the problem on my own.

This blue screen appears mostly random, but especially in games. The temperature of the CPU GPU memories and the rest seems to be in orded, I did not installed any hardware lately so I cannot figure it out.

Here are my dump file there are actually lots of minidump files but I suspect they are all the same

Attachments

• 022110-16531-01.dmp
    156 KB · Views: 2
Your error is 0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

The driver cited is amdk8.sys which is an Athlon processor driver for Windows. Do you know if the AMD Cool and Quite is enabled on your processor?

I disabled cool'n'quiet and i still get the same blue screen. It seems to be happening more often when i set high details in games (modern warfare 2 for example). But the high details shouldnt normally be a problem because i have a 9600 gt so it should work fine. I checked the memory dims and they seem to be working fine.

Let's see some of your minidumps.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Ok thanks for the reply. here are the last 5 minidump files (there are a lot more in the folder)

Attachments

• minidump archive.zip
    137 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back