TechSpot

BSOD... check disk upon restart

By wakwak1214
Jun 8, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. My desktop's beeng BSODing a little more frequently than I would've liked. Particularly in the past month, I'd be in the middle of something only for it to BSOD on me and upon restart, it promptly brings me to chk dsk which I let run to completion. I have a screen shot of the usual BSOD below. Last night, it got to the point where I couldn't even log into my own account/profile when Windows started up (popup said something about unregmp2.exe couldn't be found) I share this desktop with my mother who has a separate login... and she was able to login fine. Somehow things worked itself out after some resetting but it BSODed on me again this afternoon again.

I'm wondering if my HDD is starting to show signs of wear. Supposedly this desktop has 3 HDD installed.
    ETA: I'm running Windows 7 by the way

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,851   +184

3. wakwak1214

wakwak1214 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 44

THe profile seems to have fixed itself...
    WOndering if it's my graphics card now....wonky driver

4. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Maniac Posts: 1,851   +184

This error can also because buy a virus or malware. If you start getting it again. You might want to try running a malware scan . Just to rule malware is not the cause. Or it just could be a corrupt system file. Any way good luck.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.