BSOD comes up when I try anything except 'Safe mode with networking' however..

So when I try any of the other options such as Start Windows Normally, or Safe Mode, I get the bsod as soon as the Windows XP load screen shows up.

If I choose Safe Mode with networking however, I get a black screen with four "Safe Modes" on each corner, and the name of the OS at the top.

This started last night when I tried to restart because my taskbar went black, besides the words.

A few hours before that I had taken out one or two Trojans and some Spyware from my computer. Later I had noticed random tabs were popping up in Firefox(This was shortly before my taskbar went black)

I can use the Task Manager to access anything, but when I try to start explorer.exe it comes up with an error saying it was not found. It also seems that Explorer.exe isn't in System 32

I don't have my Windows recovery disk either...

Can anybody help me with this?

This sounds like a serious infection or two. We strongly suggest you go to our Virus and Malware Removal forum, read and follow the UPDTATED 8 Step sticky and then post on that forum with the required Logs attached.

If you can't do the steps let them know that as awell but be descriptive in your subject title.

Back