BSOD could I have the hard disk in the wrong SATA port?

Well, here's the system specs to start off...

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev. 1.3
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K x4 Clocked at 5801 MHz
RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
Harddisk: Seagate 1TB Serial ATA HD 7200/64MB/SATA-6G
VGA: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W 80+ Bronze
Cooling: Corsair Air Series A50 Performance CPU Cooler
Network: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio
DirectX 11

Hopefully that's enough.
Anyway I built this computer about 3 weeks ago and immediately had BSOD problems and graphics error kernel problems and whatnot. The graphics one I haven't seen in a little while now so hopefully I took care of that. Now I get random shut offs and blue screens. This is the newest error message: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR2. So what I'm wondering is do I have the harddisk in the right Sata port? I thought I did according to the diagram, currently it's in SATA3_0/1 which is supposed to support Intel 6gb/s connectors...but maybe I should have it in the 3gb/s ones? Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
P.S. I've also ran memtest 86+ and there weren't any errors from that. Next I'm going to remove 3 of the mem sticks and run a test individually on each of those. Temps look great- under 30C for everything and I have ran a stress test for an hour and they stayed around 60C...Is it weird that Windows gives me a 5.9 rating for the Harddrive?

Experiment with different SATA ports and back off the over-clocking to 3.3GHz until you get the instability cured

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I was checking my dump files and it says on there that I have memory corruption. So I'm gonna try to check the mem sticks one at a time with memtest and see how that goes. If not then I gotta check the drives for corrruption. It's gonna be a long night....

Over-clocking improperly for the hardware and the bios settings can cause all this, especially in a new computer

Memory

Yah I know it does. I'm pretty sure its a memory stick though, It's been blue screening before I overclocked it. I ran memtest again all night last night instead of letting it do one sweep and it's getting stuck at the last test, modulo 20. So now I have to take them out one at a time and see if its a stick or a slot.

Back