BSOD, custom computer Dxdiag and mini dump can be avail.

Larsenex

Greetings. I built my computer a year ago and I am very happy with it. I use Intel Smart Tech to accelerate the HD and up until recently it just started hard crashing to a blue screen, then restarts. This has been occurring during gaming such as EQ2, Dragons Prophet and Distant Worlds. I will do the reccomended things like run Mem test overnight and post my mini dump and Dx files if needed.
In a nutshell

Win 7 Pro 64
8 gigs ram
1 Terrabyte HD
1 60gig Corsair SSD (for acceleration)
Asrok Z77 Extreme 6
Gforce GTX 670

I can post the mini dump added to this thread.

Attachments

• DxDiag8-11-2013.txt
    28.1 KB · Views: 1
Just a question, how can I view the mini dump I got this message previously. I do not know how the message is associated with the mini dump.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF88005C3021B
BCP3: FFFFF880088BC600
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\081113-10249-01.dmp
C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-22027-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

As an update to my problem. I ran Mem86 overnight. It did 7 passes and no errors.

I went back and uninstalled my Gforce driver and also went back in under safemode and used driver cleaner to scrub. It found many bits of other programs I think. Anyway I have since reinstalled after cleaning the new driver listed in my dxdiag above. I am still able to play and have not had any crashes so far. I cannot read the mini dumps and do not know what it can be. If anyone has information I am all ears...

Thanks much!

The single minidump pointed to the Nvidia video driver. You have corrected the driver so you should be good to go

Ok thanks very very much. I endeavor to learn and try to avoid asking for help. I previously just installed the NEW driver on top of the old one. I did not do what I always tell everyone ELSE to do which is SCRUB the old one out and I got lazy. I am glad to hear it was driver related.

I stopped the acceleration, I stopped my Overclocking and still had issues. I will go back and restart those.

Thanks again for validating what the probem was!

Good morning. I have had a blue screen just now. I am unable to compress the mini dump and I am flustered as to why I am having crashes (again). I am getting this error when I try to compress and upload the recent mini dump, (file not found or no read permission). I am the admin of the is computer and I am getting frustrated on why I cannot compress it.

I was able to compress the mini dump before now I am unable to do so. Ok so I am still having blue screens and I am frustrated that I cannot upload the mini dump because it will not let me compress it.

Well I am at work now. I am a bit confused as to why I cannot compress or zip up the dump file. The site here does not let me upload it directly. When I did it the first time I dragged it to desktop and compressed it there with no problems. I can still drag it but it will not let me compress it. I get the error above.

Greetings again. I uninstalled the video driver, reinstalled and I crashed about an hour an half later..

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF1
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF800031F9123
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\081313-10920-01.dmp
C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-24991-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I guess I did.

Ok what is happening when I go into the mini dump folder from here on the web and try to upload a file. The folder is empty. It does not show any files. When I view the contents of the folder locally on my machine I can see the minidump files. Also the files themselves will not let me compress them.

Somehow I managed to change the permissions and was able to compress the file. Here is the latest crash dump.

Attachments

• 081313-10920-01.zip
    23.2 KB · Views: 1
The minidump is still showing a problem with the Video driver. This could also mean that the video card is failing...

Ok you are very helpful. Two crashes and both Mini dumps point to the video driver. My card is EVGA 670, and I am personal friends with one of thier customer support staff. I spoke to him last night and he gave me some help on removing the old drivers AND re installing a new beta one. In the event it is a card issue I am very happy that EVGA will replace it with very little hassle, if that's what I want.

Thanks to Techspot Forums for helping me narrow down the issues I was having.

I will post again when fixed.

Thanks again folks. I am still having issues. Would someone be kind enough to check this mini-dump that occurred about 15 minutes ago?

I just need to verify its video related.

Thanks very much for your time (again)

As an addendum, I was not gaming but watching a movie using the HDMI to my LED TV and it crashed. I can actually post what the blue screen says as I took a cell phone picture of it.

Attachments

• 081713-10779-01.zip
    29.9 KB · Views: 1
Odd, I am using Windows Security essentials. So I have to failures. One related to Video and now one related to Hard Drive.

I am accelerating my Hard Drive with a 60 gig SSD.

Has this been known to have or cause crashes? I am using Intel, Rapid Storage Technology.

I do the same thing with three 500GB hard drives in a RAID Array with a 60GB SSD and Rapid Storage Technology with no trouble. The last minidump just hints about hard drive issues. Not really seriously. I know the BSOD's are annoying though...

I have no way to read the mini dump. Is there any reference to Video drivers or is it a combination of serveral things?

Hard drive issues. I am tempted to stop acceleration and just to a clean reinstall of Win 7.

Minidumps just provide clues to potential problems. In your case, they could be caused by bios settings like memory timings or speeds

Ok I rarely change Bios stuff. In this case I did OC the processor to 4.0 via the Motherboards bios settings. I have an aftermarket cooler. I do not think OC'ing the processor would cause a blue screen, but rather just shut down if it was unstable or hot.

Thanks for reply Tmagic650. If you have any advice on how to find the issue I am willing to do it.

"I do not think OC'ing the processor would cause a blue screen"... absolutely OC'ing the CPU can cause your kind of BSOD's. If the memory voltage is set around 1.5 volts, try raising it to 1.6 volts

Thanks for patience. This crash just occured. I was playing Distant Worlds prior to going to work. The computer had been on for about two hours. I can post DX info and other data as needed. I had an older thread and just wanted to start a fresh one. If Mods need me to, I can repost in old thread and delete this one.

Thanks for your patience with me.

I am wondering if my 60gig SSD used as a cache drive may be causing this OR if I need to do a new clean install of windows?

Attachments

• 082913-12714-01.zip
    28.7 KB · Views: 2
Back