BSOD display driver?

I'm not sure what kind of information I need to put here to get any help, but here's a start.

I have been getting problems with my screen blinking on and off briefly and an error message popping up at the bottom right hand of the screen saying something along the lines of "NVIDIA display driver.....has stopped working and has recovered." This error comes up at seemingly random times. Has been happening for over a year but I never thought to get it checked out since my computer seemed to work fine after that.
Now, I get BSODs, I did not write any information down about it. What happens before the BSOD is the same blinking screen, but also accompanied by these lovely rainbow colored lines and distortions of the display.
Here is my crash dump file and sysdata xml if that'll help. It wouldn't let me upload them as files. If anyone knows of a better way to share these kind of things, let me know.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800BA214E0
BCP2: FFFFF8800F3DE93C
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
[That .dmp file and .sysdata.xml file.]

If it helps any, I did a system restore to factory settings and updated everything (supposedly). So my display driver should be fully updated. I do not know why this issue comes up. I mean, I play online games and Skype every day. Some days are good with no display errors and other days are bad where I cannot start Windows unless it is in safe mode. There are also some days where I an start up Windows even the day after it would not start up. Today is one of those days where Windows doesn't start up unless it is in safe mode; it shows the Starting Windows screen, shows a black screen (then monitor goes to sleep) and then restarts the computer asking if I want to Start Windows Normally or enter Safe Mode.
I've also tried using some kind of Afterburner that was suppose to help out with my issue (didn't work or maybe I was doing it wrong).

Last thing, I've tried looking up those BCP codes, but nothing shows up on my search.

Can anyone help me out with this? Or at least guide me to some place where I can get my answer? Also let me know if any more information is needed. If downloading my sysdata.xml is not working let me know and I'll post my sys specs and what not.

The bsod is caused by you nvidia video driver or the Nvidia video card. Go here:
http://www.geforce.com/drivers
and upload the latest driver for your computer. If you still get BSOD's tell us how big the power supply is in watts. Check the video card for dust, and make sure that the fan is clean if the PC is a desktop. If it is a laptop, other things apply

The bsod is caused by you nvidia video driver or the Nvidia video card. Go here:
http://www.geforce.com/drivers
and upload the latest driver for your computer. If you still get BSOD's tell us how big the power supply is in watts. Check the video card for dust, and make sure that the fan is clean if the PC is a desktop. If it is a laptop, other things apply
I have updated the drivers for NVIDIA already. The video card did have dust on it, so I used compressed-gas duster to clean it. It's a lot better now.

Not sure if it mattered, but I also switched the port I was using for my vga cable (I have two ports). I also got rid of an extra package from NVIDIA. I forgot what it was called, but it was it had something to do with Phyx? Physx? And I am trying to get rid of NVIDIA Experience which I never used, but it is not allowing me to uninstall it or even open it (another issue I can figure out later).

Also, you want to know the power supply in watts of my computer? Or what? And where do I find it?

Tiadre, FYI, it's not necessary to quote the post just above when responding to it. One reason you don't want to do it is because as a new member any links in the quoted post will count as a link in your post as well. Why is that a problem? Posts from new members containing links are moderated, hidden from view, until a moderator views it and approves it. As a result your post might not appear until several hours or even a day later. That will slow down the responses to your problem plus it is a bit more work for moderators.

So I said dusting it off made it better, and that is true! The "random" episodes of screen discoloring, blackouts leading to the monitor going to sleep, and blue screens have slowed down, but I still get problems with the driver. I'm still getting discoloring in the screen. Yesterday I got what looked like ants on the screen. I am getting the NVIDIA windows kernel mode driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered message along with flickering and short blackouts.
Maybe it's the GPU getting too hot? I'm going to watch the temperature of that. Maybe my fan isn't doing enough work. I mean I did notice an improvement when I cleaned the fan of dust (there could still be more dust where somewhere I didn't check).

I have tried a lot of solutions for the problem: cleaning hardware of dust, uninstalling the display driver and reinstalling it, increasing system performance through system properties, increasing total paging file size for all drivers, going to the registry files and adding TdrDelay [set to 0x8], wiping the computer completely and starting from factory settings (reinstalling all updates suggested by Windows Updates).

The display seems fine when the computer is just sitting on the desktop and nothing running, but when I open anything, especially games (specifically League of Legends - haven't tried anything else), the display goes crazy. According to MSI Afterburner, the GPU temp goes from ~44 degrees C when nothing is running to ~53-63 degrees C with Twitch stream running, LoL playing in the background, maybe Skype as well. But that shouldn't be a problem I don't think. That was just something I noticed watching the stats run on the MSI AB.

None of the places I have been to mentioned the power supply not being good enough. So if I got a bigger PS how would that help? Why was it functioning fine for the first few years I have had the computer, but now it doesn't work as well?

I had some artefacting issues with a graphics card and when I pulled it out for inspection, having spent a lot of time trying to solve the problems, I immediately noticed that some of the capacitors were bulging and discoloured. It had clearly been on the way out for some time.

Back