BSOD driver has overrun stack based buffer

By Nino Vela
Sep 8, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,
    I have been having problems with BSOD's for some time now .
    I recently changed my RAM memmory and it looks better , and by better I mean not as frequent.
    Now I m getting the BSOD I mentioned in the thread name.
    I would be realy thankful if someone could tell me what the hell is wrong with my pc now :) Tnx a lot in advance.

BTW . for some reason I cant upload .dmp files .
    I tryed putting it in a rar file and individualy but when I serch for them in the folder it says thers nothing there ...
  2. Nino Vela

Nino Vela Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Sorry , my bad , didn't even see that I didnt put to serch for all file types .
    Bot now when I try to sen a rar or just the .dmp files it says it's a bad extension
  3. Nino Vela

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,410   +213

Zip the files and attach them.
  5. Nino Vela

Oh , tnx :) BTW now it's showing irql not less or equal.

Attached Files:

• dmp.zip
      File size:
      212.5 KB
      Views:
  6. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,732   +156

7. Nino Vela

I have a never HDD because the last one died , using ram from my cousin and it worked perfectly on his pc . My pc has no dust on it since I cleaned it up after I moved in to a new apartment .. All drivers are up to date so no yelow exclamation points in the device manager. I noticed that ever time the crash was caused because of ntkrnlpa.exe so I googled it and installed a hotfix that microsoft tech suport said sshould help with that problem.

It only happens when I run a pc game .
    I dont play computer games much so taht doesnt matter so much to me but I rly would like to have a working pc in case I felt like playing some COD in between uiniversity and work :D
  8. Tmagic650

Are there any yellow exclamation points (!) in the device manager?
  9. Nino Vela

As I said previously , there r no yellow exclamation points in the device manager.
    My guess would be I should maybe flash my BIOS since I used a different RAM ?
  10. Tmagic650

Did you check the memory using Memtest86?
    http://www.memtest.org/
    Was the new memory the same speed as the old memory? What type video card are you using?
  11. Nino Vela

RAM is same speed as the old one and my gpu is AMD ATI 4850 1 gb . Will do memtest as soon as I get back home from work

12. Tmagic650

The AMD ATI 4850 1 gb card may be getting tired. Is it clean and free of dust. If it has a fan, is it clean and running normally?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.