BSOD Driver Has Overrun Stack Buffer Google Chrome Related?

Bought a new hard drive for my laptop 2 months ago. Rather than clone the old drive to the new as I have done before I opted to do a fresh install of windows and reinstall everything.

Since then I have been getting repeated BSoDs showing a driver has overrun a stack buffer. Every time the blue screen has displayed I have been switching between open tabs in Google Chrome. I have already reinstalled Chrome but the problem continues.

I have attached the latest dump file. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Mini062415-01.zip
    22 bytes · Views: 1
Yes, Broadcom USH w/swipe sensor and Contacted SmartCard. The driver wizard didn’t find the drivers for them when I reloaded everything It’s a Dell Latitude, those are built in devices that I don’t use so I didn’t bother finding the drivers for them. If those are the cause I’m going to feel rather silly.

Go to the Dell driver site under your model and see if the missing drivers are listed there. If they are, download and install them... The device manager should be clean and free of all yellow (!)

Got rid of all the yellow ! last month. Blue screens are still occurring, so far 3 times today, all while opening new tabs in chrome. One of them was just a blue screen with no text.

Attachments

• Mini081215-03.zip
    18.8 KB · Views: 2
Checked installed programs, I have Adobe flash and reader. Never heard of Captivate 4. Got another blue screen when I opened a new tab to check this thread.

Back