TechSpot

BSOD Driver Power State Failure

By wrxtacy2003
Jul 19, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I just installed a Samsung 840 250gb SSD and installed windows 7 pro 64bit. I was previously running a HDD with windows7 home premium. I've had my laptop for ~5 years, use it everyday allday, and NEVER had a BSOD yet.

I've been on the SSD and W7Pro for about 3 days and have had this same BSOD 5 or more times.

I've looked at the file, but can't make much of it.

Can someone please take a look and let me know what device/devices are causing it?

miniDump file located below.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=9D2E914198FCABE7!111&authkey=!ABO08-bBDsHlZuc

Thank you!

Dustin

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

"I've had my laptop for ~5 years, use it everyday allday, and NEVER had a BSOD yet"... It may be time to re-install Windows fresh

3. gracebie

gracebie TS Rookie

Follow these steps to get rid of this annoying issue
    - First I will suggest you to update your display drivers in the safe mode . just Visit the manufacturer website to download the drivers.
    - Then I have found a video tutorial that will resolve your problem You are only required to follow the steps mentioned in the video tutorial.

wish you all the best