BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Win7 64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I recently installed win7 64bit Professional on my pc.
The problem is that when watching videos (either on the web or via VLC) I get BSOD's. They seem to happen randomly (after 1 hour or 15 minutes etc).

I'm running on the following configuration

DELL Studio XPS 1645
Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Quad Core Processor 1.6GHz (2.8GHz Turbo Mode, 6MB Cache)
4GB5 Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
ATI Mobility RADEON® HD 4670 – 1GB3
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi MB

I have attached 4 of my minidumps.

Kindly Help...thank you

Thx!
Aravind

Attachments

• Dump.zip
    109 KB · Views: 5
Your issue is with this wireless driver NETw5s64.sys and if you do a search you will find that a number of people with DELL systems running Windows 7 are have issues with this driver.

In some cases DELL is less than helpful. Go to their website, find your exact laptop model and update to the latest drivers.

Thank you.

Based on your research, I downloaded the latest intel 5300n drivers from downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+WiFi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+WiFi+Link+5300+and+Intel%C2%AE+WiFi+Link+5100+products

I will monitor my system for a couple of days and report back.

Cheers

NOTE: Please add "http : //" (without space) in front of the above URL. The message board did not let me post a URL.

Looks good so far!! :) :)

Ran it for almost 12 hours with continuous DLing in the background and no BSOD !!

Thanks much, Route44...appreciate your time & help.

hi,

I can now confirm that downloading the new DR I VERS has fixed my blue screen of death issue.

I have been continuously downloading files for the last 3 days and have not received any blue screen of death error message.

thank you once again

Aravind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back